GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Small part 1 of 2 Christmas present to myself from a rad vendor 😎

IMG_5488.jpeg

GTIscream

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
GTI Mk7.5
mail-01.jpg

i find the OEM pedals slippery. i know I KNOW it's my shoes, i've seen the thread(s). But have you seen the price of shoes? Replace all my shoes or buy pedals. i think i made the right choice. Dunno if these will help honestly but they look similar to the ones in my last car and i never had a problem in it. The rubber nubs on those pedals had a sharp edge whereas these are rounded so we'll see. And i have to admit i don't really like the idea of drilling into the pedal base. But i do like the red accent.

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R
View attachment 297376
i find the OEM pedals slippery. i know I KNOW it's my shoes, i've seen the thread(s). But have you seen the price of shoes? Replace all my shoes or buy pedals. i think i made the right choice. Dunno if these will help honestly but they look similar to the ones in my last car and i never had a problem in it. The rubber nubs on those pedals had a sharp edge whereas these are rounded so we'll see. And i have to admit i don't really like the idea of drilling into the pedal base. But i do like the red accent.

Install in 2026?

🤣

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
Dude, put that away @Diggs24 will see you.
LOL. It was narrowed down to this, a Littco and after talking with EpicTech, a Mamba GT2876. This was just simply the right choice for what it included, where I want to be and stay and price point. I'll log and post up whatever anyone wants to see check on.

Moving from EQT to Strat will be interesting, but Alex is super responsive so far

Daks

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
GTI PP
LOL. It was narrowed down to this, a Littco and after talking with EpicTech, a Mamba GT2876. This was just simply the right choice for what it included, where I want to be and stay and price point. I'll log and post up whatever anyone wants to see check on.

Moving from EQT to Strat will be interesting, but Alex is super responsive so far
You, like, didn't listen to anyone. Good for you. I respect that.

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
Bunch of stuff came in, nothing specific to the GTI but car stuff nonetheless.

Finally got some hose clamp pliers, I'm tired of fighting with stupid shit in stupid places. Kit has some pliers for removing hoses, various clamp squeezers, etc. Hopefully will come in handy. I also got the highly controversial forged carbon wrap, some tiny wrenches (4mm to 11mm), an Oil Udder, automatic punch, and a long spark plug socket -- I got tired of my short one staying in the head when doing plugs, and for as often as they need to come out on this car to be checked it seemed like a no brainer. Initially I was looking at the new Harbor Freight offering, but for like 1/4 of the price to just have what I wanted/need, it seemed sensible.

PXL_20240103_204539709.jpg

I'm extra excited about the oil udder, because for my underside oil changes I won't have to use a plastic bag and try to corral the oil filter and residual oil into place.

Last edited:

Maiden69

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2020 GTI
After losing the radiator to a roadkill and realizing that the MK7.5 GTI don't even have the small plastic belly pan / skid plate I decided to not take the chance again and ordered the ECS Street Shield. I will run it without the additional reinforcement kit until I move to the new house and can fab one to use with the FMIC. BTW, I had no idea that the radiator core support on this car was entirely made of plastic... that one shattered as well.

1704387677734.png

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI
After losing the radiator to a roadkill and realizing that the MK7.5 GTI don't even have the small plastic belly pan / skid plate I decided to not take the chance again and ordered the ECS Street Shield. I will run it without the additional reinforcement kit until I move to the new house and can fab one to use with the FMIC. BTW, I had no idea that the radiator core support on this car was entirely made of plastic... that one shattered as well.

View attachment 297446
you fab something up for us FMIC'ers, I'm game

MQB_7.5R

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
2018 Mk7.5 Golf R(s)

Loved my mk6 GTI with a Hybrid turbo tuned by stratified. The tune seemed reliable and made plenty of power. Haven't heard much about the MQB platform with Stratified, but I bet the tune will be great!