GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you get in the mail or bring home for your MKVII today?

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
KESSY retrofit things 😬.
PXL_20240210_073930461.jpg

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
What year is that cover from? It looks different than what's on either of mine.
It's off a EU spec Tiguan (I think) that did not come with electronic steering lock but has KESSY.

In the drive2 post that I'm referencing for this retrofit this is the part they used, granted on a 7.5 but I don't imagine that's going to make a difference. Now that you mention it, this is a little different than mine also, but I guess we'll see.

Was under $45 from eBay international so not a huge deal if it doesn't work. And I can order the NAR trim pieces but I want to say it's something like $200 to get them new. Whenever I look for them on eBay I can't find anything that's not somehow dinged/scratched up even though there should not have been any keys near it 🤷🏿‍♂️.

Kushdaiin

Go Kart Champion
Car(s)
MK7 R, MK7 GSW SEL
It's off a EU spec Tiguan (I think) that did not come with electronic steering lock but has KESSY.

In the drive2 post that I'm referencing for this retrofit this is the part they used, granted on a 7.5 but I don't imagine that's going to make a difference. Now that you mention it, this is a little different than mine also, but I guess we'll see.

Was under $45 from eBay international so not a huge deal if it doesn't work. And I can order the NAR trim pieces but I want to say it's something like $200 to get them new. Whenever I look for them on eBay I can't find anything that's not somehow dinged/scratched up even though there should not have been any keys near it 🤷🏿‍♂️.
Ah! That makes sense. It is amazing that people find a way to still mar up these trim pieces in spite of having KESSY. Like, what do you do in your car that is so destructive? I can't wait to see how the KESSY retrofit comes out! Good luck!

Nineeightyone

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
20 CX5 19 GTI 10 MZ3
New brake kit... Zimmerman Z-Coat Rotors, iSweep IS1500 and a new cap for the hydro fluid reservoir... why not.... also new wipers and wheel bolts as the ones I had were shitty quality and got super rusty.

View attachment 299429 View attachment 299430

View attachment 299431

View attachment 299432 View attachment 299433

View attachment 299434
I'm not super well educated, what's the thought process behind the brake fluid cap? Just to get a fresh looking one in there, or is there a mode of failure that can occur?

swcrow

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
7.5 GTI