GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What do you guys know about out of jurisdiction police rules?

anotero

Autocross Champion
Long story short, I was behind a police vehicle in the #1 lane for approx 10 miles. The vehicle was city PD for a city about 30-40 miles north of where we were and in a different county.

I was pacing behind him/them for several miles going at a good clip. They were maintaining approx 80-87mph for the duration. I kept a good distance though. At one point they flashed their light bar, not sure if it was directed at me for following them or at a slowpoke in front of them, but there was clearly no emergency and they were out of jurisdiction by a long shot. What are the rules surrounding this? Just gross curiosity and a little peeved that they were being dicks on the road simply because they could. You wouldn't know it was an out of jurisdiction dept. until you got semi-close to the vehicle since most of them look the same around here but the rear said POLICE whereas this area is exclusively County Sheriff and CHP.
Where was this?

I had a motorcycle CHP tailgate me today a little north of LA/Kern line. That's besides blinding me with his gazillion gigawatt headlights. Had I had an epileptic seizure and slammed on the brakes, there would be one less asshole with police lights on the road.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk