GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is it that Mini Cooper Guys can't stand about GTI?

jeff_faye_lo

Autocross Newbie
how about the red trim at the fron and the honey grille? and the 3 way in-take?

well good point here. I struggled among CooperS, Civic Si and Gti before.
CooperS is famous for its go-kart handling.

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
is not that, I had previosly a MCS 2003, is much, much, much fun to drive than our cars, even that they are faster, safer, confortable, but, but, much more boring. and MINI´s have MOJO.

but im happy with my car, is another stage in my life I need more space and for an everyday car is much better than a MINI.

Don´t get me wrong im very happy and I love my car.

I think what they can´t stand, is that is faster and more civilized than a MINI

Cheers

Ricardo

VDubs

Passed Driver's Ed
I didn't know mini people hated GTI's. It can't be any different than any other sport compact fan. I'm sure civic Si owners are the same way. Our cars have always offered the best balance of everything, for the money. Some people just can't handle or appreciate it.

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
VDubs said:
I didn't know mini people hated GTI's. It can't be any different than any other sport compact fan. I'm sure civic Si owners are the same way. Our cars have always offered the best balance of everything, for the money. Some people just can't handle or appreciate it.

I agree in everything you said.

Cheers

Ricardo

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
jeff_faye_lo said:
how about the red trim at the fron and the honey grille? and the 3 way in-take?

well good point here. I struggled among CooperS, Civic Si and Gti before.
CooperS is famous for its go-kart handling.

i was in the same boat...i was looking very hard at the MINI S before i bought my GTI...the Si was on my list but i couldnt see spending like 23,000 for a civic...and the MINI was out cuz they couldnt find me the one i wanted with all the options i wanted and to order it i would to have waited 6-9 weeks for it

im happy with my GTi tho....im glad i bought it over the other 2

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
Mini's Interior does not even come close to the GTI's, The engine is the weak link next to that. As light as they are they should smoke about anything on the road.

herrstreet

Touring Car Newbie
why is it that a car the gti's size weighing 3100 lbs is heavy and something as tiny as a Mini weighing 2700 is light? The Mini is about as heavy as an RSX which is muuuuch bigger. I think it's the fact that in a direct comparison, the only thing better about the Mini is it is "cuter."

vDubr

myfastismycopilot
Car(s)
2008 Audi TT
I don't know but I'm currently browsing North American Motoring (a MINI forum) because my fiancee has an MiNi Cooper S on order and I posted a pic of my Fast in the Off-Topic forum. Let's just say about 90% of the comments are negative - just hate. Fortunately, I had another Mk V GTI owner on my side :biggrin:

azmcs

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Well, as Allan can vouch for, I am a MINI Cooper S owner too. I am not selling it to get my MkV though, my wife is actually replacing her Passat with it:thumbsup:

I personally love my MINI, but am way excited about the GTI. Just so much more serious modding goes on with VWs. The MINI folks tend to do a lot of cosmetic things that remind me of the whole import scene. AKA "all show no go". Plus I seem to gel a lot better with dub folks. Maybe because I have owned one, or my wife has owned one since I got my DL many years ago.

No hater here. Love my MINI, and will continue to AutoX it, but really looking forward to driving that DSG 4 door!

DBCPerformance

OEM & AFTERMARKET PARTS
Car(s)
An Imaginary GT2
uhmmmm, that would be me. I love Minis, traded an 05 higly modified MCS for my GTI, and loving it:biggrin:

Auf Wiedersehen! said:
I don't know but I'm currently browsing North American Motoring (a MINI forum) because my fiancee has an MiNi Cooper S on order and I posted a pic of my Fast in the Off-Topic forum. Let's just say about 90% of the comments are negative - just hate. Fortunately, I had another Mk V GTI owner on my side :biggrin:

Deagle

Touring Car Champion
Always thought the exterior design was neat. Hated the interior though... or at least the gauges.