GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What is with the matte obsession?

AXO

Go Kart Champion
My wheels are Matte Black. I think they would look better shiny....

McQueen77

Banned
has anyone actually eaten bologna recently? jesus that shit is disgusting. i used to love it when i was a kid and then i didn't eat it for like 20+ years.. i recently had a bite of a bologna sandwich and couldn't believe how i used to eat that shit. horrid. anyway, thats about how much i care about matte cars. id rather talk about bologna.

excelevant

Go Kart Champion
has anyone actually eaten bologna recently? jesus that shit is disgusting. i used to love it when i was a kid and then i didn't eat it for like 20+ years.. i recently had a bite of a bologna sandwich and couldn't believe how i used to eat that shit. horrid. anyway, thats about how much i care about matte cars. id rather talk about bologna.

Kicked all that shit, better decisions are better decisions

AXO

Go Kart Champion
Have you ever seen how they make Bologna. If you did you would probably never eat it again. Kind of like McDonalds and Burger King. One word "GROSS"!

McQueen77

Banned
Have you ever seen how they make Bologna. If you did you would probably never eat it again. Kind of like McDonalds and Burger King. One word "GROSS"!

its the same way they make chicken mcnuggets. they take all the discarded parts of the pig and cow, the parts that would seem unsalvageable - grim, grizzly shit.. they throw it all in a giant food processor along with some MSG, 'spices', a shit load of sodium nitrite and preservatives and pink die and emulsify it into a mystery meat paste, and squeeze it out into loaves that are then cooked and mechanically chopped. sweet.

itll be a cold day in hell when we feed our kid bologna

lon888

Ready to race!
The matte paint thing is more mainstream than you think. You can order a Turbo Veloster with matte paint. It comes with its own special car washing solution and detailing supplies. It would be a real pain in the rear to own - you can't wax it, drive it through a car wash etc. Not exactly my cup of tea.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
So when people insist that a 5 minute plasti-dip job looks "less cheap" than a factory chrome finish, they are really meaning something entirely different. Or maybe they mean it is "less cheap" in that it cost what the original part cost PLUS the cost of the plasti-dip, making it indeed less cheap than just leaving the factory finish.

It's gotta be that. At $9 a can or whatever, plastidip is not very cheap compared to most other spray finishes. :lol:

Man, I kind of like it. I would eat a fried bologna sandwhich right now and enjoy every bite.

I can't remember his username, but there is a guy on here who has a blue plastidipped Golf... Looks pretty cool IMO. Probably not something I would ever do unless I just had a beater I was bored with, but it can look decent/some people just want something different. I agree with them that it's lame that most cars only come in gray scale/a few boring colors.

JhnR

Banned
Different strokes for different folks.... One man's Bolgna is another man's steak.

this - personal choice

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
bologna balls?

troyguitar

Go Kart Champion
I'd buy the "different strokes" argument if people weren't asserting that perfect factory finishes look "cheap" compared to a 5-minute rattle can job in your driveway.

Chrome plating in particular costs MORE than paint - You might not like it, but it is not cheap.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
i have not heard much of this "factory finish looks cheap" thing.

D Griff

Go Kart Champion
i have not heard much of this "factory finish looks cheap" thing.

If you go to Honda-tech or a place like that it's all over... mostly just chrome factory finish. The GTI paint seems kind of cheap to me though... But better than something aftermarket.