GOLFMKV

What the...

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

trev1342

Go Kart Champion

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
because VAG owns supercars, hence this is a supercar that can beat a bugatti.

look how fast that interior is.

And Superior. :lol:

So with logical thinking we can conclude that a truly superior interior adds 1,000HP!

FlyByGti1

Go Kart Champion
Still don't like the headlight stripes but it's not bad at all.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
Why get a Hybrid GTI?? I just can't see this selling especially when you have gas, diesel options for both the Golf & GTI. Then you have bluemotion models specifically designed for economy. As I said its not the design, its just the idea of a hybrid GTI. Now if it's faster than other hybrids out there and it drives well, that will be a good thing.

Zillon

Go Kart Champion
As long as it handles well and goes well, I don't see the problem.

I'm all for increases in powertrain efficiency, as long as the overall driving feel isn't muffled or eliminated.

nakenyon

Go Kart Champion
This definitely would potentially interest me. I'm with Zill though, I wonder of the overall driving feel is still on the same level.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
This definitely would potentially interest me. I'm with Zill though, I wonder of the overall driving feel is still on the same level.

That's what I'm saying. Tesla has pulled it off with the fully-electric Model-S. We need more performance hybrids on the market. Something that gets great mileage but it drives just as good as a gas powered car.

AtoBtoV

Passed Driver's Ed
Hybrids have always piqued my interest but there's no way I'm willing to get into something deathly boring with an awful CVT. To someone who does a lot of city driving but isn't willing to give up performance, this is an awesome option.

This is as close as it comes to a poor man's Tesla Model S, I'll definitely be giving it a test drive.

GertieGTI

Ready to race!
Makes sense to me since I commute 30 miles a day in traffic. I only have fun with it on the weekends or on ramps/ off ramps during the week.

Best of both worlds, MPG's during the week and fun canyons on the weekend.

AtoBtoV

Passed Driver's Ed
Makes sense to me since I commute 30 miles a day in traffic. I only have fun with it on the weekends or on ramps/ off ramps during the week.

Best of both worlds, MPG's during the week and fun canyons on the weekend.

Seriously, the more I read the more I like it. I could go 5 days a week running on electric only. With only 3350lbs (likely with a very low CoG) and a conservative 0-60 of mid 7's there would be plenty of fun to be had on weekends too.