GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What to get your buddy moving away?

RoyB1

Go Kart Champion
My buddy is moving to Alaska. I am not happy, but he has been talking about moving for the last 5 years. His wife landed a gig out there so that is where they decided to move to. They were talking about West coast last couple years. Which would be a little easier to swallow. Not Alaska :(

We hooked up at a car event about 12 years ago. We been friends since. This is hard for me since I don't have a lot of good friends. A couple others have moved away over the years so here goes another one. We are meeting up for dinner tomorrow. I want to give him something, but not sure what. Any suggestions? I know we will see each other, but likely only once a year.

This sucks and I am not sure I will keep my emotions in check tomorrow. I know he and his wife are looking forward to getting out of Chicago so I am not worried on that front. Just not sure who i am going to call on a bad day to get a drink with now :(

Do Work Son

Go Kart Champion
A swift kick in the nuts, he'll never forget it.

nouse4aname

Go Kart Champion
Dude, you're dudes. Don't need to be getting each other going away gift baskets of candles, lotions, and flowers.

EJBGTIVI

Autocross Champion
Dude, you're dudes. Don't need to be getting each other going away gift baskets of candles, lotions, and flowers.

I agree with this. Take them out for a nice dinner and drinks before they leave and pick up the tab.

BAM its mitch

Go Kart Champion
If anything, a bottle of really nice scotch (or another liquor if scotch doesn't suit you)

Enjoy a glass after dinner.