GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What was your last car?

Deckard

1999 Toyota Tacoma 4x4

I've been wanting a Golf for many years and now was the time to jump in. Quality is up, and the car is great.

ottawaP5

Ready to race!
2007 Mazdaspeed 3.

Even though it was a quick car in a straight line, it was so boring to drive compared to the GTI. The handling was very disconnected...the steering was very heavy and this took away a lot of the tossability that the GTI has. This is my first VW, and it will take me a lot to back to Japanese cars, even though they are more reliable.

vortexx

From 2000 Civic Si to 2010 GTi

Came from a 2000 Civic Si. The car was great fun, and I had it from brand new up until last december when I got the GTi. 155k miles of solidly reliable fun, however it was time for a change. Absolutely loving the 2010 GTi :happyanim:

Spin Cykle

Passed Driver's Ed
I had 2 - 99/00' Civic Si. First one a lady failed to yield and T-Boned me. Loved the car so much I went out and bought a second one and in 03' it was stolen from a north Phoenix suburb. Car was sitting on the frame in downtown PHX. Motor, doors, glass, brakes, everything was stripped out of the car. Basically broke and going to college I took a hand-me down pickup from the parents and have been driving it since.

96' Ford Probe
98' Ford Ranger
99' Civic Si
00' Civic Si
00' Chevy S-10 ZX2
10' VW GTI

No pictures of the other cars but here was my Si two weeks before it was totaled.

edgary

Ready to race!
2000 Dodge Neon SE
2000 Dodge Neon SE
1994 Honda Civic EX Coupe
1987 VW Jetta
1988 Honda CRX
1983 VW Scirocco (technically it was my dad's, but... you know)
1985 Dodge Daytona turbo

mmaluso

Passed Driver's Ed
Lets see if I can remember all of them...

04 Mini Cooper
93 Mazda Rx7 Montego Blue (stock and VERY low miles... sad to see this one go)
91 Mazda Miata
93 Mazda Rx7 Red (modded)
93 Mazda Rx7 Red (stock)
99 Mitsubishi Eclipse

grey sterling

2007 Black Cherry Scion tC

It was pretty fun to drive, but the ride was supremely uncomfortable over the common California freeway. My commute is no longer such a pain in the ass. :laugh:

Paint was kind of crap--so many chips after just 3 years.

Definitely liked the moonroof better in the tC, no wind with the deflector up and the noise wasn't bad. And I do kind of miss the stereo controls on the steering wheel, but I've gotten over it. :)

Dan0myte

I have a '97 Maxima SE that I will be trading in on a MKVI GTI this summer. It's at 300,000kms and about time to be retired. :)

I also had a 1971 Opel GT that was working on restoring, and currently ride a 2002 Triumph Sprint RS with the 955cc Triple.

Prior to that was two Eagle Talon TSi AWD's and a Nissan 200SX 3.0 V6. All fun vehicles!

2010 UG

Ready to race!
98 Wrangler with 4" lift
99 Mustang GT 5spd
01 Explorer Sportrac
07 FJ Cruiser 4x4 auto

Here's the listing on my FJ at the VW dealership I traded it in at http://www.westhoustonvw.com/VehicleDetails/645343583

I loved that FJ but the gas was killing me. Now the dang VW dealership has it up on ramps right in front. Everyday I drive by it on my way to work and get a little sad.

Mk6golfer

Ready to race!
Those FJs are fun, but not good as a daily driver IMO because of gas. I guess that goes for anything with poor gas mileage. I'd love to have a GTI for DD and a FJ or Tundra for weekends/utility.

Tecni

Ready to race!
2003 Infiniti G35 coupe
Intercooled Greddy Twin Turbo kit
Fully built 550whp

Krazy_Z

Go Kart Champion
I had a 1995 Mitsubishi Lancer Evoloution 3 loved it but not economical in the least bit took almost $50 a week just to drive it to and from work got about 150miles to a tank if I was lucky