GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What will be your next new car?

Maturedriver

Go Kart Champion
I appreciate that people tend to go on forums to get answers to problems but I think it’s fair to say that the Mk8 Golf has more than it’s fair share of issues. There appears to be a lot of disillusioned owners. If you are one of those ‘what will be your next new car’?

I have a 2020 GTE and since I rather like the concept of PHEV I would like to get another. The only car that appeals is the 2023 Toyota Prius PHEV. It’s VASTLY improved in every way over it’s bland predecessors. Although it will be available in Europe unfortunately it won’t be marketed in the UK.

Topaz

Passed Driver's Ed
Either a Golf R line with good spec or maybe an Audi A3 ....it will not be new , only bought very nearly new because of the used prices being so high.

C0TT1S

Passed Driver's Ed
Ive only recently picked up a 2023 Golf R line with a nice spec, this is my fill in car due to only working in the office 2 days a week and not really driving any other time. Once my daughter is old enough to attend school and I no longer have to pay eye watering child care bills I aim to order a 8.5 clubsport or whatever limited edition VW run. As the 8.5 is looking to me the very last of the ICE golf’s I think I’ll just hang on to it. I’ve had many other brands and went from a 7.5 GTI to a B9.5 Audi A4 Avant but I really didn’t enjoy that car at all and so returned to VW with the R line.

SRGTD

Autocross Newbie
I have a Polo GTI+ rather than a mk8 Golf. Mechanically, it’s been faultless in the 32 months I’ve owned it from new. Software-wise, I’ve had one instance of the digital clock changing time to some random time and at the same time the trip recorder zero-ing itself. That was around 2 years ago and hasn’t happened again since. My car has the previous generation software, so hasn’t suffered the issues that the mk8 has.

As for what my next car will be; with my journey type (predominantly local) and low annual mileage (less than 5k per year), when the time comes to change an EV is a distinct possibility. If I stay with VAG, then it’ll probably be either the Cupra UrbanRebel or the VW ID. 2all. If I decide to move away from VAG then I’d seriously consider a Mini EV.

Idiotwind

Passed Driver's Ed
Put the software issues aside (recent updates have made them minor annoyances for me at least) and the recurrent emergency/travel assist rage inducing bings and I really love my golf.
Have no off street parking so nothing electric is really an option. Am seriously thinking about a 8.5 GTI…