GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What's your worst speeding ticket?

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
So, just got a ticket today for 93 in a 75. He said he saw 109 while he was trying to catch up to me. Actually asked me if I was doing that. Really???

First thing he says is that's one quick small car. Relative to your Tahoe, yes it is. That's not saying much. Of course, might have been because it took him about 5 miles to catch up. Contemplated making a run. Would have been so easy, but alas, I'm not 20 anymore. Stopped soon as I saw the lights far in the distance.

My worst was 98 in a 65.

Best was being pulled over for 115 in a 65 and being let off without a warning. Because of course it was the car that passed me, not me.

What's your worst?

Joel

Ready to race!
Worst was on a sport bike, reckless... I got less of a ticket for more at Deals gap and earned it, lol on my dual sport...
Was not even on the throttle just cruising.
State trooper lives on the road and has a hard on for sport bikes.
Kept insisting he was going to get all my buddies, too.... still haven't met my buddies?!?

Best, turns out my dads second cousin was the police chief in a town I went to school in... who would of thought...no more comment on that one...

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
93 in a 75. I ducked behind two semi trucks and got nailed with a group of 4 other cars. I had to ask the cop how he saw me.

Damn airplanes.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I've been pulled over a few times for various things but only one that stuck, 8 or 9 years ago. 85 in a 65 but got it knocked down to $100 and no points.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
93 in a 75. I ducked behind two semi trucks and got nailed with a group of 4 other cars. I had to ask the cop how he saw me.

Damn airplanes.....

Your tax dollars at work.

Don't think I've ever seen that in Texas. Unless they were disguised as dust croppers

Petey T

Go Kart Champion
Your tax dollars at work.

Don't think I've ever seen that in Texas. Unless they were disguised as dust croppers

In Florida we have painted white lines that run horizontally across the highway every quarter mile in certain areas so the aircraft can calculate speed from above. It's BS lol

Mk7GTl

Go Kart Champion
I got a speeding ticket going 110 on the highway.
$1200 + 2 points on my record with no traffic school.

MonkeyMD

Autocross Champion
I got a speeding ticket going 110 on the highway.
$1200 + 2 points on my record with no traffic school.

At least you didn't go to jail. Assuming 70 speed limit, 40 over.

Still, that's a huge fine. Biggest I've had is $400.

kmarriner

Go Kart Newbie
I've been pulled over for 97 in a 65 (construction zone) but got a warning for that.

I've only ever gotten 1 ticket and that was 55 in a 50, $160, it was a speed trap; The road was a quick downhill into uphill with a moto cop sitting in the woods at the crest of the hill and he tagged me with laser at the very bottom of the drop. I tried to pull over super quickly but he made me keep driving into a development where there were 6 other moto cops with people pulled over.

BlueHen

Drag Race Newbie
My "almost" worst went like this:

I was merging onto a dual highway from a side road. Bubba in his giant diesel American pickup in the right lane (with nobody to his left and nobody else around) decided to speed up to prevent me from merging. I let him by, then slungshot by him on his left. State Trooper was sitting on the shoulder up ahead. I figured I'd get my speeding ticket and be on my way.

No.

I'm looking in the rearview after my license/insurance/registration exchange, and I see him printing off papers and stacking them on his dash. This is not good!

He comes back and gives me the damage: 5 charges. Following too close, failure to signal/improper lane change, speeding, aggressive driving, and due to combination of offenses... a cumulative reckless driving. This all happened in less than five seconds. I'm gifted!

Luckily, I called a relative on the State Police who "made it go away" at the Courthouse clerk's office. Whew! That was going to be a bad one otherwise.

italynstylion

Ready to race!
Got a ticket for 105 in a 70 from a state trooper. It was really late at night on a 4 lane (each way) highway with no one on it. Here's how the conversation went...
Cop: Going a bit fast there. Saw 105 on the gun.
Me: Yes Sir, I won't argue. If 105 is what you saw I'll take it.
Cop: So you had time to slow down...
Me: ....maybe.
Cop: Hey, it's a fast car, it's gonna happen. Try not to worry about it. You'll get a ticket and we'll move on.

I was driving this...

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I'll bite... How did you not go to jail immediately?

Petey T

Go Kart Champion