GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wheel repair in denver

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Weird. I’ve hit the buckles on 70 near wads and 470 near Morrison a lot and thought they’d wreck things, but I guess Rotiforms are pretty stout. Surprised you got damage with a 40 series tire.
Yeah so am I when I went to the tire shop just figured I had a mail or something in the tire and they showed me that and was like well fuck.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel
Back when I was running my stock gti wheels and 225/40/18 hit a pot hole going down alameda probably around 50ish it was a decent size hole too and bent the stock wheel on the thin part. Denver roads suck!

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Back when I was running my stock gti wheels and 225/40/18 hit a pot hole going down alameda probably around 50ish it was a decent size hole too and bent the stock wheel on the thin part. Denver roads suck!
Dang. Bending the oem wheels seems difficult.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
50 on Alameda…must have been back in the essential worker driving days! Miss those empty roads, lol

Yeah there’s some really shitty roads in Denver. We have billions in cannabis tax revenues but still the infrastructure crumbles. Rabble rabble rabble…

edit: millions, but still!

Last edited:

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
50 on Alameda…must have been back in the essential worker driving days! Miss those empty roads, lol

Yeah there’s some really shitty roads in Denver. We have billions in cannabis tax revenues but still the infrastructure crumbles. Rabble rabble rabble…
Bout ready to say fuck it and start saving up for a f22. This driving shit is for the birds

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
Man that bad boy is gonna be exquisite if it’s gonna take lots of money to buy it.

no, I’m broke now after the dismal market ytd!
In reality though, I do have an extra yeti I need to sell. Time to sell some shit and get a gas card for sweet discounts!

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
no, I’m broke now after the dismal market ytd!
In reality though, I do have an extra yeti I need to sell. Time to sell some shit and get a gas card for sweet discounts!
I was looking at the shell card. For the next year u qualify for 10 fill ups that are 40 cents cheaper a gallon. Apr seems insane but if u pay it all off same day you use it, won’t be in a bad spot

then after those ten fill ups. Cancel the card. Wait a few months and do it again.

Superfreak

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
‘19 M2C, ‘05 Taco
I was looking at the shell card. For the next year u qualify for 10 fill ups that are 40 cents cheaper a gallon. Apr seems insane but if u pay it all off same day you use it, won’t be in a bad spot

then after those ten fill ups. Cancel the card. Wait a few months and do it again.
Yeah I’ve been putting off getting a gas card but seems to be a decent way to mitigate cost. Not into paying interest so I’ve been watching my spending and just paying the balance on due date. King Soops card gives a discount at Shell also. You probably knew that but it took me years to figure that one out.

Javwohl

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2017 Carbon Steel

edit: millions, but still!
Yeah it was during those wonderful times and usually early in the morning when nobody is out.

Keehs360

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7.5
Yeah I’ve been putting off getting a gas card but seems to be a decent way to mitigate cost. Not into paying interest so I’ve been watching my spending and just paying the balance on due date. King Soops card gives a discount at Shell also. You probably knew that but it took me years to figure that one out.
Bro it’s funny cuz I was talking to @Javwohl about this crap the other day too. I applied. Got approved for 2k. Who the fuck needs 2k in gas a month is beyond me but whatever.

regrettably I don’t shop there much. It’s cheaper for me to shop at the commissary on Buckley afb. I shop more at Costco then at king soopers myself. I’ll never spend enough to save a nickel a gallon lol