GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Where's my electronic music lovers?

heathcliff57

Ready to race!
There's gotta be at least a dozen people here who listen to electronic music...I mean c'mon, you're driving a German car and from what i hear, those Germans love that electronic music.

Anyone heard the new Dakota stuff? B.O.M.B.

turboed

Low Blinker Fluid
All the remixes of the Dakota stuff is good.

John/Cue\Publik

Speed>stance
big fan of electronic music as well but less into the dance side of things. Boards of Canada, Nightmares on Wax, DJ Spooky, Telefon TelAviv, Squarepusher, Aphex Twin, Chris Clark, Venetian Snares, Kid 606, Mochipet are pretty much the usual fare being played in my car.

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
Love Squarepusher & Aphex Twin! Also Carl Cox, Paul Van Dyke, old Keoki, Kimball Collins, Rabbit in the Moon, most of the old Moonshine stuff...

Anyone ever go to any of the old State Palace parties in New Orleans? That's what really got me into electronic music. My hay day was '97-99. They shut the Palace down about 3 years ago I believe. They ran the most bad ass raves I've been to from Texas to Alabama. It was an old opera house with the dome ceilings, tier balconys, etc. Crazy old architecture. Used to get about 4000+ kids in there in the really big parties. Someone even made a documentary about it called Rise. They over edited the shit out of it though.

I'll have to check Dakota out, haven't heard it.

heathcliff57

Ready to race!
Love Squarepusher & Aphex Twin! Also Carl Cox, Paul Van Dyke, old Keoki, Kimball Collins, Rabbit in the Moon, most of the old Moonshine stuff...

Anyone ever go to any of the old State Palace parties in New Orleans? That's what really got me into electronic music. My hay day was '97-99. They shut the Palace down about 3 years ago I believe. They ran the most bad ass raves I've been to from Texas to Alabama. It was an old opera house with the dome ceilings, tier balconys, etc. Crazy old architecture. Used to get about 4000+ kids in there in the really big parties. Someone even made a documentary about it called Rise. They over edited the shit out of it though.

I'll have to check Dakota out, haven't heard it.

All those artists you listed are like the Britney Spears and Metallica of electronic music. Not that there is anything wrong with that...you are just scratching the surface my friend. :thumbsup:

And regarding Dakota, yes, he is doing some great stuff. BTW, Dakota is an alias created by the one and only Markus Schulz. :headbang: He rocks it hard when he comes to Dallas. :clap::clap::clap:

Monkeykungfu

Go Kart Champion
All those artists you listed are like the Britney Spears and Metallica of electronic music. Not that there is anything wrong with that...you are just scratching the surface my friend. :thumbsup:

And regarding Dakota, yes, he is doing some great stuff. BTW, Dakota is an alias created by the one and only Markus Schulz. :headbang: He rocks it hard when he comes to Dallas. :clap::clap::clap:

No Sir, you did not just make a god damn comparison between Rabbit in the Moon & motherfucking Britney Spears. Have you no dignity? :fighting0030:

I could agree with the Metallica comparison in the way they they're classic & always will be. (The best stuff is pre-Black album). When I first listened to the artist I mentioned in '96-99 it was live & they weren't nearly as popular or mainstream then.

I've been out of the party scene for a while, so I really don't know a lot of the new good shit that's come out. Although, I'm all fucking ears if you've got suggestions.

No need to bash some of the greats like that.