GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which Antivirus Should I Run?

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion
Goodbye ancient MacBook, hello sexy new PC:

I just got a Samsung ATIV Book 8 with Intel Core i7, Radeon graphics, and a touch screen. Mac never felt right the whole time I had it, it feels really good to be back on PC again.

Which Antivirus should I run/is the best? It's been awhile since I've had a PC, and every website that I read an independent review on seems to come to a different conclusion. :confused:

It came preloaded with Norton which I'm currently running, and I also got a free subscription for Webroot from Best Buy where I bought it. What do you guys think is the best? (Sorry, no poawhale.)

theunholy

Go Kart Champion
I use Avira on all my PCs. its free and it updates automatically.
edit: it updates at least once every few days.

Last edited:

SixSpeeder

Go Kart Champion

voidopolis

Passed Driver's Ed
just run the default anti-virus with Windows - Microsoft Security Essentials. its free and pretty good - includes malware and antivirus protection. I run it on all my machines with no issues.

Bodhi

Go Kart Champion
I've been raw dogging for a couple of years now.

The ones I have used in the past are AVG and Avast.

Merkle

Banned

stynker

Ready to race!
Don't use any, just be smart about your internet use and what you download. The amount of resources that the antivirus programs sucks up to run in the background is stupid.

Been running free of antivirus software and free of any antivirus for years now.

Merkle

Banned
Don't use any, just be smart about your internet use and what you download. The amount of resources that the antivirus programs sucks up to run in the background is stupid.

Been running free of antivirus software and free of any antivirus for years now.

That's what I do, I don't use a/v.