GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Which drop top?

bilbos

On the Kop
I am planning on changing my other car shortly (PT Cruiser) and am looking at convertibles. I have chosen five frontrunners at present with the sixth one not actually released on the US market yet, but could be a contender. They are:

350Z Roadster

Z4

Audi TT Roadster

Audi A4 Cabriolet

Honda S2000

and the sixth option - a VW Eos

Has anyone got any experience of these vehicles or any comments, both positive and negative. I am planning on test driving all of them to see how they feel. Please don't suggest a Boxster as an alternative as I am not a Porsche kind of person.

Thanks

DubtecV2

Touring Car Newbie
* 350Z is heavy and underpowered.
* Z4 is classy and refined.
* I've heard many horror stories about TTs.
* A4 is comfortable and classy.
* S2000 is sporty and fun.
* Eos is just plain awesome.

I used to own an S2000 and loved it, although it's a bit small. If you want a larger convertible. I'd go with the Eos over the A4. If you want something that's very sporty, The S2000 is the way to go. The Z4 would be my choice for something that screams class and sofistication.

bennylenny88

bora bora dude
i think you should go for the z4.
the styles great, they still stick out and its still a german car hehe

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
S4 Cab? That would be the obvious choice. If it has to be one of the listed, I'd go with the Z4. The Z3 I have driven is still the best handling car I've ever driven.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
I hate the 350z roadster (looks terrible in IMHO), The rest are nice, but I personally would go with the S2000. The cabriolet is super class as well.

alf

Modwhoreator
scuderiavw said:
Z4 M roadster if you can swing, if not 3.0 I6 is perfectly fine
very hawt car, i love the Ad's in magazines too.

"its the reason we wake up in the morning, its also why were early"

alf

car

Autocross Champion
Of the choices, I'd definitely take the Z4. But then, I'd take a Boxster first.... :wink:

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
if u want space at the back and be as close as possible to a GTI or R32, its got to be the Eos. and this car is too new to be a common site.

Audi a4 has space at the back but its a cloth top and theyre everywhere.

if its a 2 seater u want, id take either the honda or z4

bilbos

On the Kop
Thanks for all of the replies guys.

It definitely looks like most people are leaning towards the Z4. I have never owned a BMW so test driving one should be quite interesting.

If my budget were a bit higher, I would definitely consider the S4 cab. A big meaty V8 would sound great. I have heard rumours that there is to be an RS4 cab released in Europe in the near future. I wonder if that will come to the US?

Time for some test drives methinks...:biggrin: