GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

who has the new Passat 12-2013.....need feedback please.

dubbinit2

Drag Racing Champion
Should I buy one. I found the one I want . it will be my wife's car.she usually commutes the 2 kids. What's Ur impressions? I'm 98% sure we are going up to get it on Saturday.

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
They are a great car overall; but they don't feel "German" the way Golfs do. Still drive better than a camry though.

What model are you looking at?

Saabstory

.:R32 OG Member # 002
I don't personally own one but I work with a guy who has a '12 TDI SEL Premium. It's a truly beautiful car; I've ridden in it several times, driven it a couple, and done some VCDS work for him.

I honestly can't tell you much about the base trim level and how good it is comparably; but I'd suggest comparing it to a premium level Jetta and see which you like better (price is pretty close between them).

danielj1

Go Kart Champion
I had one as a rental, drove it for about a week. It was nice for what it is but didn't blow me away. It's pretty numb and I wasn't crazy about the power delivery. Mine was a stripper base model and it was decently equipped for being that. It was a comfy freeway cruiser but not enjoyable around town.

Wife's car commuting with kids, should fit the bill well.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I'd buy a loaded Jetta or TDI Jetta over a passat, personally. Unless you need the extra room for sure. My parent's neighbor had a passat that got lemoned... then again, my neighbor's GTI got lemoned too... huh...

C4L

Banned
Something to chew on...maybe Jetta....hmmmmm

The only way I would consider a Jetta over a Passat is if you match/compare them by PRICE, not Features/Equipment/Trim.

The Jetta is quite a bit cheaper in a lot of areas. Inferior suspension, inferior brakes, lower build/material quality, BUT with the lower price you can get a lot more goodies on it.

Jetta SEL/SEL Premium vs. Passat SE - Probably not far off.
Jetta SE vs. Passat SE - Get the Passat.

The GLI would make sense but if your wife is anything like mine, she would rather have all the extra Passat features/options over the GLI performance upgrades for the same $25k/$26k.