GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Who wants to drive my Bicycle from NJ to Boston?

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
helloooooo golfmkv. awkward request here.

My bike is in NJ. I'm in Boston for the Summer. My parents don't have time to drive it up and I can't go down there and drive it up because I have no parking space here.

I tried taking it on the Amtrak train and the bus and neither of them will allow it.

I'm willing to pay all of your gas expenses and buy you a case of beer of your choosing upon arrival. If you'd like to negotiate a firm price, that works too.

Bike will need to travel from Bridgewater, NJ to Boston University.

Let me know!

VDUBMkV///C

Intergalactic smugness
Bicycle or motorcycle? Big difference...
Check the title.

You could ask your parents to dismantle it and ship it up? I'm sure the UPS store might have some sort of deal.

merkeyterkey

The Real FLATTIRE
I checked my bike in when I flew back home to Chicago from LA. Thats weird Amtrak wouldn't let you bring it, couldn't you take the wheels off & secure them to the frame or something? That would make it a lot smaller...?

Scharf

I was hoping we could both ride it up.

njfast07

Go Kart Champion
ill do it for the right price. Im looking at a 5 (10 hours total) hour drive here......

name your price.

It's my dad's 1980's Schwinn world sport. It was under the deck and forgotten. I had it fully tuned up and fixed. The cheap mountain bike (purchase at target) that I was using has reached near un-rideable status and it'd be more to fix it than the actual cost of the bike.

The schwinn is also a road bike, so it'll be a lot better/easier to ride around the city.

Chris@RT

Banned
name your price.

It's my dad's 1980's Schwinn world sport. It was under the deck and forgotten. I had it fully tuned up and fixed. The cheap mountain bike (purchase at target) that I was using has reached near un-rideable status and it'd be more to fix it than the actual cost of the bike.

The schwinn is also a road bike, so it'll be a lot better/easier to ride around the city.

A tune up at a bike shop if you don't need parts is going to be 50 bucks or so.. Shipping a bike from NJ to boston is going to be 50 bucks or so and that will be cheaper than paying anyone to drive it if you just covered their gas.. IF you put 50 bucks into the beater bike rode it all summer you could probably still get 50 bucks for it on CL in the fall.

cheapest shipping though would probably be gray hound. Get a bike box from a local bike shop (free) with some of its packing materials (free). Drop off bike at gray hound station it goes in the cargo hold up to bus depot in boston and you pick it up there.

shipped an entire mk5 body kit across the country for like 70 bucks.