GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why don´t we call this site just the MKV

Bouston

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
Welcome back Rica. That's a nice look'en Mini you had there. Got any pix of the GLI?

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
GTI2007 said:
The first 2 generations of the Jetta were also called Jetta here in Europe. For the third generation the names changed from Jetta to Vento and for the fourth generation it changed to Bora. Now for the fifth generation the Bora got back to her original name and became a Jetta again

The generations of the Jetta are the following:

Jetta I (Jetta)
Jetta II (Jetta)
Jetta III (Vento)
Jetta IV (Bora)
Jetta V (Jetta)

The red ones are the European modelnames

In México they call it:

Gen I "Atlantic"
Gen II "Atlantic"
Gen III "Jetta"
Gen IV "Jetta"
Gen V "Bora"

An let me tell you some other thing, here in México Jetta gen IV is being sale as the new Gen V "Bora" is on sale too, they change the name to keep saling the Jetta V, because this last one is the best seller in México for VW.

http://www.vw.com.mx/CWE/estudio/EST001HOME/0,12440,iM%3D3,00.html

People does not know that the Bora is in fact the new "Jetta" Gen V any name you want it to call here "Bora"

Cheers

Ricardo

GTT

Touring Car Champion
cmdrfire said:
As I said, is the GLI a Golf? No.
Is the GTI a Golf? Yes!

Actually, it IS based on a Golf.
What do you think is so different in the GLI's platfrom from the GTI's?

It's almost like saying the Dodge Charger and Chrysler 300 should not be in on performance and mods discussions. Actually, the GLI and GTI are even closer since their interiors are pretty much the same, except for the back for obvious reasons.

T

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
Here are just 3 bad quality pict taken with my cel phone

but here it is¡¡¡¡¡¡¡

with its first mod H&R springs and rear sway bar

Cheers hope you like it.:thumbup:

Attachments

• Imagen047.jpg
    Imagen047.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 119
  • Imagen048.jpg
    Imagen048.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 117
  • Imagen049.jpg
    Imagen049.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 118

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
rica_roel said:
, my last car was a MINI Cooper S 2003 with a lot of modifications (I love hatches)

So why didn't you get the GTI :iono:

Bouston

Car(s)
2006 Subaru STI
GTI2007 said:
the GLI is 9" longer because of his trunk. That's the biggest difference between the GTI and the GLI

That's also the difference between me and the average man :biggrin:

rica_roel

Rally Car Newbie
quote one thread I replay

Bouston said:
So why didn't you get the GTI :iono:

GTI VS GLI

rica_roel said:
Look into your needs, I had to make the desition based on facts, I have 2 small kids, I have to take the trolley´s, pampers, bags, etc, so its much more practicall for me and for my needs the GLI, but if I had no kids I´m sure I would get the GTI.

Ricardo

that is what i say

GTI2007

GTI2007 said:
the GLI is 9" longer because of his trunk. That's the biggest difference between the GTI and the GLI

I'm sorry but it looks like I made a little mistake converting the mm's to inches because the difference of length between the GTI and the GLI is 338 mm or 13,3" :redface:

GTI2007

rica_roel said:
GTI VS GLI

that is what i say

I would choose the GTI if I had kids or not because we don't have the GLI here in Belgium. We can have the Jetta with the 2.0 TFSI engine of the GTI and GLI but it doesn't have the GTI front bumper but instead it is the regular Jetta bumper so for me there's only one option and that is the GTI!!