GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Why?!?!

SAbroSO

Das Captain
Soi went to the dealership today to pick up my car. It has some rattleing comming from behind the glove box. Its fixed now. I was waiting for them to pull my car up, filling out the paper work. The service guy was saying how he really likes the GTI and shit like that. He mention the R32. Then he goes on to tell me that some guy just traded in his R32 for a freakin' Mustang :eek: :iono: . Apparently he was bottoming out in it and messed up some bottom parts. He didn't realize how low it sits. I don't get it. I know the car sits low but not that low.But i guess if you're bottoming out in an R32 you would need the clearance you get in a Mustang. Yeah the stang is fast and has some power but the handleing isn't as tight and smooth as a GTI. Never driven an R32 but i'm sure its even better. Either way, i wouldn't have made that move. Keep the R32, fuck the Stang. :thumbdown: Besides thats all you see around here. Fucken Mustangs. Oh well, to each his own.

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
What was that rattleing noise, i have one and can't find it?

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
it's most likely the infamouys fuel line rattle. If it is coming from behind the dash on the passengers side. It's a simple fix at the dealer.

conom06d

Flying circles around VWs
no it happens at all speeds on bad roads. didnt the fuel line only happen at idle. also it sounds like it is from the center air thingy (lol) which i think has problems with rattles too. is there a fix for that if it is that

Mr_B

Ready to race!
Soi went to the dealership today to pick up my car. It has some rattleing comming from behind the glove box. Its fixed now. I was waiting for them to pull my car up, filling out the paper work. The service guy was saying how he really likes the GTI and shit like that. He mention the R32. Then he goes on to tell me that some guy just traded in his R32 for a freakin' Mustang :eek: :iono: . Apparently he was bottoming out in it and messed up some bottom parts. He didn't realize how low it sits. I don't get it. I know the car sits low but not that low.But i guess if you're bottoming out in an R32 you would need the clearance you get in a Mustang. Yeah the stang is fast and has some power but the handleing isn't as tight and smooth as a GTI. Never driven an R32 but i'm sure its even better. Either way, i wouldn't have made that move. Keep the R32, fuck the Stang. :thumbdown: Besides thats all you see around here. Fucken Mustangs. Oh well, to each his own.

Happens quite a fair bit here in AUS as well. People trading in the R32 for either 6.0L LS2 Holden HSV (similar to the Pontiac G8) or a Ford GT-P (its a 5.4L V8). Different people have different tastes. Sure I admire the burble of an V8, but I prefer the sing of an R32 over anything else. But realistically you get what you pay for. You want luxury, balls, driveability, and comfort get the R32. But if you want full grunt that starts at 1750 RPM, then get one of the 2 cars I mentioned. All comes down to preference.

Obviously he had never driven a car that was as low as the R32. Either that or the places he was visiting had speedbumps the size of Pamela Anderson's nipples on a Siberian winter morning.