GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wife's car

Coogles

Go Kart Newbie
haha the pooch looks pretty comfy back there. Basically we want to be able to have a kiddo in the back seat and put the dogs in the hatch. I'd feel bad about doing that in the GTI or the Jetta.

It's either she gets a small SUV or I get a wagon. I like A4 Avants, but not really wanting to go that route. As much as I'd like to pick her up a JSW and be done with it, I'm willing to cave on the CUV idea.

kram

Ready to race!
If she doesn't want something brand new, what about a 2012 Rav4 6cyl? Seems to fit the criteria mentioned.

269hp & 246 torque would be plenty fun to drive, good mpg & great reliability. Don't bother w/ the new ones since they're ugly as sin & dropped the 3.5L. Lots of low-mileage, affordable '12's still available. Not the latest tech, but decent options & leather on some trims...

My wife has been driving a 4cyl Rav (kicking myself for not getting the 6:() since we bought it new off the lot in '06. Has 145k on it & biggest repair has been a noisy water pump & an axle seal that were done for like $500. Besides that, just the usual stuff, tires/brakes/oil.

luvdagators

Go Kart Champion
Less cargo space than her current Jetta.

They're all snoozefests, doesn't at all solve the fun to drive problem.

Would be perfect, but she's a good ol' wagon-hatin' 'Merican.

Love me some Plac-readin, but not going to take his advice on which car to buy.:fighting0030:

You asked for thoughts, but you already got your answers, why you askins us:thumbup:

KO7

Ready to race!
Shame about the wagon-hating, cause they're PERFECT for pooches cause of the lower ingress and egress height compared to a CUV/SUV. Maybe that fact will win her over?