GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Wireless Android Auto Indiegogo project

Nevar01

Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
Not sure, I ordered mine pretty early (early January) and it didn't arrive till early June. Well worth the wait though!

steinfeld

Passed Driver's Ed
Glad i found this. Any small bumps on the road and the whole car shakes which makes my phone's android auto disconnects. Super annoying!

Nevar01

Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
Glad i found this. Any small bumps on the road and the whole car shakes which makes my phone's android auto disconnects. Super annoying!
It was the same for me. I remember having to really wedge the phone and wire into the cubby so that bumps didn't disconnect it.

I'm so happy with my setup now. The AAWireless, the wireless charging pad and the USB splitter cable all fit in the cubby (I have a pixel 3 so it fits horizontally across the cubby perfect)

I just get in my car, flop my phone unceremoniously into the cubby and everything just automatically connects and just WORKS.

viewsonic9

Car(s)
2018 GTI- Autobahn
It was the same for me. I remember having to really wedge the phone and wire into the cubby so that bumps didn't disconnect it.

I'm so happy with my setup now. The AAWireless, the wireless charging pad and the USB splitter cable all fit in the cubby (I have a pixel 3 so it fits horizontally across the cubby perfect)

I just get in my car, flop my phone unceremoniously into the cubby and everything just automatically connects and just WORKS.
That sounds pretty sweet. I have my AAWireless on order. Can you share what wireless charging pad and the USB splitter cable you used? I have a Pixel 5 which looks to be about the same size as the 3.

Nevar01

Car(s)
2020 Golf GTI
That sounds pretty sweet. I have my AAWireless on order. Can you share what wireless charging pad and the USB splitter cable you used? I have a Pixel 5 which looks to be about the same size as the 3.

There definitely might be better items to use, but here is what I'm using right now

USB Splitter: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07CKQSTCB?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details
Wireless USB Charging Pad: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07SG8QPTR?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

The charging pad is trimmable, use a straight razor and trim it down to size to make it fit nicely in the cubby :)

Enjoy!

Rollk1

Car(s)
Alltrack
Glad I found this thread, my AA unit just shipped and excited to see it should work well. I have a Pixel 4 so definitely concerned about battery life, but found this OEM quality wireless pad. The AA unit should be small enough to slot to the right, or at the very least route it elsewhere from the USB port. I’ll report back

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
Just FYI, google is planning on discontinuing android auto with the launch of Android 12

Acadia18

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
2019 Golf R

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion

Cuzoe

Autocross Champion
Used my AA wireless dongle for the first time this weekend. I have a rebooting issue (every 5-10 minutes) but my unit is an earlier one that needs the OTA update. I didn't feel comfortable trying to do it using the MIB USB jack and didn't have a 12V plug in the car. I'll update it later this week. But it's pretty sweet... plug in and it connects within 30 seconds or so, I don't notice any difference from using it wired.

imthanick_a

Autocross Champion
I've been running Android 12 beta on my PIxel 5 and AA works just fine.....
"planning on"

dont kill the messenger, just relaying what i saw in the news