GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Words from a WRX Owner

Brief overview... This past weekend my sister moved from her old apartment to a new one so she asked me to help her move along with some of her other friends too. One of her friends that i've met a few times at parties and other events that i know is really big into cars the last time i saw him he had a '03 or '04 subaru impreza 2.5rs and that was back when i had my civic vp. Well i'm at my sister's apartment and he pulls up in a 2008 Silver WRX Hatchback and i said 'oh wow nice new car man' and he said 'is that GTI yours?' and i said 'yea i got it back in october, i love it' so he's looking around my GTI checkin it out siad he thought it looked pretty cool and that the orange color was unique and made it stand out yada yada. So we get to moving stuff and when we go to make a run he asks if i dont mind him taking my GTI for a drive from one apartment to the next and he'll let me take the WRX so i said i figured oh what the hell. So we get to the other apartment and he gets out and goes 'wow this sucker is actually a lot of fun, lots of low end torque its great, i'd rather have this over the WRX' and i said 'you'd really rather have a GTI over a WRX?' he said 'yea well i like the WRX cause of the AWD is great in the winter and handles well but i love FWD with that amount of torque cause you can spin the tires and have some extra fun with it' so i kinda laughed and i said 'yea the WRX handles really well, shifts really smooth, almost bought one but i fell in love with my GTI' and he asked what i paid for it yada yada and he said 'for the price it's quite a formidable car, hats off to you' he said he got the WRX cause he works for a subaru dealer and got a really great deal on a lease for it so he couldnt pass it up thats why he got it...
so i was pretty happy, i'm sure if he had an STi it might be a different story but i thought i would share....
so there you have it, a WRX owner who respects and would drive a GTI.. :headbang:

i dont blame him
New WRX :barf:
05 STi is the one i want:drool:

Last edited:
sounds like the outcome was good but too much reading
sorry, was trying to get the whole jist of the situation in
i dont blame him
New WRX :barf:
05 STi is the one i want:drool:
yea i was gonna buy an STi but i refused to buy a used one and they had no leftover 2007s around here anywhere's and i just didnt want to deal with it.... im happy with my GTI.. i dont like the new STi look, too much of a radical change they shouldve made it sedan or hatch so you could choose

heftylefty

golfmkv elitist -_-
i actually really like the new hatch look. there are some cosmetic things i would change, but overall im happy with what they did to it

V8snack

Ready to race!
i didnt like it.. but then when i finally looked into the new one.. and saw it on the street.. it was actually pretty nice

Fully Alarmed

RS Golf,the 1 and only...
Punctuation and Grammar.

Just realised thats what this story needs !!!!

RSC17

R32 OG
to the OP.... that guy's pretty cool. everyone that drives subs around here are butt pirates. they think their car is the shit. quite frustrating.