GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

World gone grey

AndyCYM

Passed Driver's Ed
After 2 months without any problems my globe symbol has been grey all day. Not getting any traffic data, which is probably connected. Going to Settings, Data Connection, Data Plans, leads to an 'Activating' message but nothing happens.

Does anyone have ideas?
Thanks

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
It will be the VW server side mine has also been greyed out most of the day nothing you can do but wait for VW to sort their servers out.

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
@koolmacher Do you have any official confirmation that the fault is on VW server side? My globe is grayed out since Tuesday afternoon and get the notification that Internet is currently unavailable. Restart of infotainment and leaving the car off for a whole day did not help.

Hermelin57

I love this Forum. Have the same problem and lacking connection to We Connect app aswell. I’ll sit back and remove my grey hair. Ty🤓
Edit. Have sent a ticket to VW support.

Last edited:

koolmacher

Passed Driver's Ed
No official confirmation only what I have experienced my self in the the last 12 months of Golf 8 ownership, over that time the globe had gone through spells where it stays greyed out sometimes for hours sometimes for days then it re connects other owners have reported the same issues on this forum.

T-bro

Passed Driver's Ed
Thank you for sharing. I must admit, in my 11 months of ownership, I have not experienced the gray globe for anything longer than 5 minutes on maybe 2 occasions.