GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

worth it ?

tricky713

Ready to race!
I'm looking to get into something new. Mainly looking at a 2011 WRX and got a quote from my insurance company for how much it would be to insure it.

What your guys opinion. Is it worth it to pay $800 more a year for insurance.
Also if your wondering why such a large increase. I'm 21 and male, so the insurance company wants to fuck me :wink:

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
i would hold off, thats gas money and what not, wait a couple years when its not so much and step up to am M3

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
or an RS3 or 4

KOA789

Go Kart Champion
Get a Mustang GT to hold you over until you can get an M3. You can buy a brand new one for under 30k. Insurance shouldn't be too much either.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
being that your 21 male your rates will be high no matter what even more so on a sports car. Has nothing to do with statistical crash rates based on the car. Those rates are based off age/gender/demographics. City rates are more then country, and students are less then non. and in some states credit even pays a big factor.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
if you go sports car, 4door and back seat will get you lower rates. coupes /convertibles will be higher, and if its a commonly stolen car rates will be higher. Ive always stayed in the 4door sports or luxury sports cars to keep lower rates. plus speeding tickets or moving violations will hurt your rates. Color of car, if poeple in your area have more accidents but your great your rate will be higher because some dumbass might hit you.

GTi R Enigma

Profitier...
^ Color of the car has nothing to do with anything.

they tell you that but it does, otherwise they wouldnt ask color of car.

tricky713

Ready to race!
Get a Mustang GT to hold you over until you can get an M3. You can buy a brand new one for under 30k. Insurance shouldn't be too much either.

wouldn't catch me in an american car. drove a few different models and hate everything about them.

Also people saying m3 and other cars. I want a new car not trying to buy another used car. (I don't want to deal with the things i'm not told about).

After grad school and hopefully landing a solid job I plan on buying another car and using the wrx as a daily.

Also, I have no moving violations on my record and have done defensive driving courses.