GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

WTT: Sirius unit for XM unit

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
I don't use sat radio... I have XM that I traded with Freek but if anyone wants XM let me know... you will have to pay shipping both ways because I will use neither.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
Its OK... I just don;t see paying for somthing that I can get for free... I am also no impressed with the sound quality, sounds the same quality as FM to me...

Freek

Formula 5000 Driver
yea in these cars the sat radip sucks...it sounds very tinny and very distant

and i think the sirius is even worse than XM in that dept.

Vivid

Formula 5000 Driver
install super easy... Slide the cover off, undo three screws and 4 sets of wires and your golden...

Not sure if the rest of the radio works without the sat installed but I don't see why not

Lellobeetle

Go Kart Newbie
I might want to trade, BMGTI06. I have sirius and it was never activated - it has been disconnected almost from the first week I had the car because I have the iPod adapter and it's hooked to the one port in the back of the HU where the sat radio is usually hooked, but I don't trust the iPod adapter - I think it damaged my 4G iPod. I now have the 5G 30 Gig video and I don't want to risk it in the car. So, that's why I'm looking to get it hooked back up and get the XM because I like talk radio and prefer that carrier.

Sigfod

Ready to race!
kidkusu said:
hey guys, had my xm swapped bout a month ago by the dealer. but the only issue is now that sometimes when i turn the radio on it says NO SAT RECIEVER Normally turning the car off and then on resets it(sometimes) time to go bac to the dealer.
How did that work? I have XM, and am considering going to Sirius, but don't want to pay for it. What really is the difference other than Howard btwn the two?