GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

xbox 360 or ps3?

what happen?, very curious...

V-dub Junglist

Ready to race!
I design more Xbox games so I had to get an Xbox. Give PS3 to 2009 then re-evaluate.

kidkusu

My other ride is a UH-60
Shit i still got an original Nintendo, you know the one with the flat non ergonomic controller witha cross movement pattern select, start, A, and B buttons. The main reason I will be buying the PS3 is for two reasons, Ninja Gaiden and Gran Tourismo 5, Ninja Gaiden is allready out and you gots to be smocking crack if you think they are not going to launch Gran Tourismo 5 on the PS3. But for now ill keep kicking Contras ass. :bow:

Justin W

Go Kart Champion
you cant say XBOX has better this better that. both systems are going to have great games, and bad games. 360 has been out for over a year more than the PS3. what do you expect? yea i would rather spend extra money and have an HD player in my console. seems like a better deal to me since all blue ray players are around $500 anyway?

I can say anything I want... it's my opinion ;)
And yeah... HD-DVD is available for 360... you're just not forced to buy it though... ;)

Here's the way I am looking at it... I'm playing for now... and 360 has better games. Very few would argue that point.
I could care less which came out first... or which has a head start.

And... the rest of 07 looks better for 360 games anyway... at least in terms of games I am interested in playing... from my perspective 360 looks wayyy better. I mean look at the remaining 07 releases...

Bioshock
Halo 3
Mass Effect
GTAIV
Ace Combat
Assassin's Creed
TC Splinter Cell: Conviction
HL: Orange Box
COD:4
PGR4
TC: EndWar

Yes, some are on PS3 and/or PC too... and some will slip into 08... but I tell you what I'm not spending upwards of $600 on games this Xmas anyway... nor do I have that kind of investment in time to give...

So, back to my original point... why would I look at the PS3 until they get a little something going in terms of games? I agree with V-dub Junglist... wait til 09 and then re-evaluate.

07mkvgti

Rally Car Newbie
I can say anything I want... it's my opinion ;)
And yeah... HD-DVD is available for 360... you're just not forced to buy it though... ;)

Here's the way I am looking at it... I'm playing for now... and 360 has better games. Very few would argue that point.
I could care less which came out first... or which has a head start.

And... the rest of 07 looks better for 360 games anyway... at least in terms of games I am interested in playing... from my perspective 360 looks wayyy better. I mean look at the remaining 07 releases...

Bioshock
Halo 3
Mass Effect
GTAIV
Ace Combat
Assassin's Creed
TC Splinter Cell: Conviction
HL: Orange Box
COD:4
PGR4
TC: EndWar

Yes, some are on PS3 and/or PC too... and some will slip into 08... but I tell you what I'm not spending upwards of $600 on games this Xmas anyway... nor do I have that kind of investment in time to give...

So, back to my original point... why would I look at the PS3 until they get a little something going in terms of games? I agree with V-dub Junglist... wait til 09 and then re-evaluate.

what i'm trying to say is that "better games" is an opinion, so don't list advantages of something and put your opinions. when you post advantages, it should be like this:
R32 advantages:
AWD
250hp
DSG Stock

GTI advantages:
FSI, etc etc.

Justin W

Go Kart Champion
what i'm trying to say is that "better games" is an opinion, so don't list advantages of something and put your opinions. when you post advantages.

I think a majority of people would list one of the main 360's advantages vs. the PS3 is having better games... which ultimately just means that there are more games... which means more good games...

If you don't believe me just look at the critic's scores of games as well as gamer's reviews... the 360 has some very well received games.

www.metacritic.com/games/
www.gamerankings.com

Back to my original point though... here I'll quote myself:
That being said... if the PS3 library is more attractive to you - then despite it being smaller it's probably the best system for you.

RedRabidRabbit

I want FREE HAM!!
what happen?, very curious...

Don't know... played it for a while, along with COD3 when it came out at the same time, and then got the three red lights. Funny thing was it was the 360th day I had it, lol... and since it was under a year they fixed it for free, it just took a heck of a long time to do so.

Justin W

Go Kart Champion
That's one thing to add to the PS3 advantages.
FAR more reliable & stable hardware...

Best bet for buying a 360 is to get it at Costco... if it breaks just drive it down there and they'll deal with the return to MS... and you get a brand new one. I almost want my 360 to break so I can upgrade to an Elite...

daveleeuk

I have a GTI on Forza
Don't know much about video games. just mostly play sports games. just sold my ps2 and all my games. ( havn't used it in a while)

want to start playing a little bit, should i go for the 360 or wait on the ps3?

There is no question XBOX 360

Fuck video games all together man and just save the money. Most if not all games will only do is waste your time unknowingly