GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Yellow Upgrade

EB2429

Go Kart Newbie
There is a distinction between those who were brought up with manners and those who were not, if you fail to understand the obvious then you must fall into the latter category.

If my car gets hit, I have insurance. Another distinction between an accident and bad manners.

I simply do not tolerate the rude, never been convicted in my life and I am not violent.

If this thread bothers you then pass it by, I do not appreciate your personal comments.

its not a case of understanding your point its just that's its such minor first world problem that I couldn't believe you posted about it. In fact I thought you were joking about the incident untill you confronted someone. Then you moan about the person that came along who also though it was a non issue.

my post wasn't personal but a little light-hearted, I feel you reply was though so will pass by as you say... ;)

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
You don't think that approaching the handlers was not violent or aggressive or rude?

No violence whatsoever, given that I was pissed off I may have come across as aggressive but clearly you do not understand why that may have been the case, it'll be obvious to most so I'll not explain that any further.

You do not have the authority or consent to approach or tell somebody off

When it is my property, yes I do.
Authority and consent are not applicable in this situation or legislated.

Following your own last lines, if the response bothers you, pass it by. After all it is just manners.

Nicely finished with a snipe.

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
The way the original post was read is that somehow the OP is superior (or thinks they are ) to other vehicle owners, :eek:
What are you both going to do if you find bird lime on the car?

Superior to other vehicle owners? :confused: you'll have to explain that one. It looks like you have a personal issue with me perhaps?

If I find bird poop on the car I clean it off, simple.

You see a bird and a dog for that matter do not know any better whereas the human attached to the said dog in post No.1 does know better or a least should.
You would think this was obvious?!?!

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
Trouble is sometimes, people spend hours cleaning their car instead of minutes and call that a detail.
If the car was freshly detailed then the body and rims have been waxed which will offer a liquid repellant to the surfaces, so hopefully when you got back or on the way back you gave the car a quick rinse over, no need for another 2bm ritual.
Episode not good though, even though it could have been worse eg bird lime :eek:

No trouble at all Avanti, it was fully detailed which is why I said it was detailed.

Wheels were removed, cleaned and given a nano sealant as part of the process.

Not sure why you would question the validity of my post, you seem to doubt my car was detailed for some reason???

Avanti

Go Kart Champion
No trouble at all Avanti, it was fully detailed which is why I said it was detailed.

Wheels were removed, cleaned and given a nano sealant as part of the process.

Not sure why you would question the validity of my post, you seem to doubt my car was detailed for some reason???

I have read all the replies, can't reply to all of them at once, but over all, you have to appreciate, yes the vehicle is valuable to the owner and not strangers in the street, I am on a detailing forum too, trouble with detailing is many take it into BS zone by adding extra stages to extend what should be a simple clean.
What sort of concerns me is that you say you have sealed the wheels, surely the dog wee is a good test to know if the product you have purchased for the task is really up to it?
I just use ordinary wax on my rims and have been cleaning it with just shampoo mix and no brushes all year round. Same with the bodywork.

Don't see the replies as a personal attack on you, just take the contstructive from the way the replies were meant.
It's cool to be modest...so whether it's a GTI , R or any other model, it's still a Golf or even car. Depending where you are in New Zealand I'm sure it's the same world wide, but sometimes ugly scenes arise from what seems a small matter to one, sometimes they even end up fatal :eek:

Of course the episode is annoying to you or any of the readers that it may occur too, however sensational? You can see why the the replies have taken the turn that they have.

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
I have read all the replies, can't reply to all of them at once, but over all, you have to appreciate, yes the vehicle is valuable to the owner and not strangers in the street, I am on a detailing forum too, trouble with detailing is many take it into BS zone by adding extra stages to extend what should be a simple clean.
What sort of concerns me is that you say you have sealed the wheels, surely the dog wee is a good test to know if the product you have purchased for the task is really up to it?
I just use ordinary wax on my rims and have been cleaning it with just shampoo mix and no brushes all year round. Same with the bodywork.

Don't see the replies as a personal attack on you, just take the contstructive from the way the replies were meant.
It's cool to be modest...so whether it's a GTI , R or any other model, it's still a Golf or even car. Depending where you are in New Zealand I'm sure it's the same world wide, but sometimes ugly scenes arise from what seems a small matter to one, sometimes they even end up fatal :eek:

Of course the episode is annoying to you or any of the readers that it may occur too, however sensational? You can see why the the replies have taken the turn that they have.

Thanks for the reply Avanti.

The suggestions that I am violent just caused me to go into a rage, the red mist hit me next thing I know the shirt was in pieces and my skin went green.......

Tyler Durden

Ready to race!
Jesting aside, -

I was very much in the honeymoon period with my new car, spent an entire day pampering it and I am the type who looks after things.

It isn't a case of if the dog piss would harm things, if I wanted to piss test the coating on the wheels I would have done it myself.

This is about the complete disregard and lack of respect for other peoples property, the dog handler actually waited whilst the dog was pissing away making no attempt to stop it.

Even if it were an old beater car I would still be annoyed.

Quite frankly it is disgusting.

As for taking things personally, comments about my character with regards to being violent, how else should that be taken?

Sandman GTI

Drag Race Newbie
No anger, just urinate on dog. Now let's see who gets mad. I think dog owner will now have a problem. If dog used bath room on paint and it ruined, dog owner liable. I think Vw owner was thinking in there best interest by trying to save them money. If dog is on leash then owner let dog use bathroom on car. It is one thing if a dog is loose and does it, he is marking territory. If on leash and he does it then owner let him. Go mark your territory and mark their dog. Growl at dog while you do it so he knows who alpha dog is. What if same situation occurred on a $200,000 car. Dog owners should care what their dog does. GTI owner is responsible for car. If car owner left manual in neutral on a hill with no brake on and it rolled over dog, then he has some liability does he not?

Last edited:

Nyanga

Ready to race!
Tyler is right to be annoyed.

People have no respect these days especially if they see u have a nicer car than them.

I am surprised about New Zealand; thought u guys still had some good old world standards that have been lost in the UK.

Talking of losses...did u watch the Springbok match on Sat....!!?