GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Your Chipped MK5 0-60 Time

Thom

Ready to race!
Hey There. OK today I got my APR redone and now I can feel and SEE a difference with my GTech. Once again I averaged 5 runs and here are the new improved times. 94 Octane Mode was 5.91 and Stock Mode was 6.33. Using same set-up with both: DSG in S, ESP On, A/C off and then just stomping it. The key is that when set up the APR in 93 Mode you select the double blink and turn off the key for at least 20 seconds. Then try to start. If it will not start, do NOT go through the procedure again, just turn it off and wait another 20 seconds and it will start. Presto instant fast, fun, screaming GTI! Now I'm a very happy APR customer.

frank2287

Touring Car Newbie
im sure its nice to know but these cars arent made for 0-60 or a 1/4 mile!!
Take them out on some hard turns and have fun with them or else i would say get a muscle car.

kirk180

Go Kart Champion
Thom said:
Hey There. OK today I got my APR redone and now I can feel and SEE a difference with my GTech. Once again I averaged 5 runs and here are the new improved times. 94 Octane Mode was 5.91 and Stock Mode was 6.33. Using same set-up with both: DSG in S, ESP On, A/C off and then just stomping it. The key is that when set up the APR in 93 Mode you select the double blink and turn off the key for at least 20 seconds. Then try to start. If it will not start, do NOT go through the procedure again, just turn it off and wait another 20 seconds and it will start. Presto instant fast, fun, screaming GTI! Now I'm a very happy APR customer.
Glad to hear you're finally getting the results you were looking for. :thumbsup:

McPsycho

Rally Car Champion
Thom said:

the car will not start for the first time when selecting a new program until the engine light and the epc light (i think thats what its called) stop blinking. once they stop, then you're good to go.

plac

GTI Master
My chipped 2.0T wasnt nearly as much seat-of-pants feel as my chipped 1.8T difference. The power band is too different. The 1.8T felt fast. This car doesn't. But it is...

Understeer'd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 VW Golf (BPY)
you guys wanna see a dyno sheet for an APR GTI and a Standard GTI, well check this out...

That dyno pull was done in 3rd gear and not 4th for some reason, so that's not at all surprising :iono:

Understeer'd

Ready to race!
Car(s)
'07 VW Golf (BPY)
Word yeah, I have no idea how I got to this thread...

...One of those random ones down at the bottom sorry :D

Instrument Mechanic

Frisky Dingo
Car(s)
2008 CW GTI
Just found this thread as well... in regards to the older posts about stock being faster than chiped...

Perhaps more power = more wheel spin and using ESP is most likely a mistake as it will limit hp if it cant control the wheel spin, as far as I know :iono:

And it was almost a year and a half ago so maybe the current software has changed a bunch since then

I am concerned as I am considering the APR stage one since there is a sale going on and all :smile: