GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

how do you feel about the navigation?

gspot35

Just finished watching Fast&Fuzzynuts
Have any of you guys checked out the Eclipse AVN5435. DVD in motion is as easy as grounding the parking brake wire. It's also an all in one unit, so there's no seperate brain. I'm thinking about getting a GTI and would definitely add an aftermarket unit.

Tensixty6

Old & Senile
Would it be possible to connect a reversing camera to the optional Sat/Nav systems as fitted to the GTi?

I dont know if you guys have looked into getting a carpc...I am looking on mp3car.com and interested in going that route other than paying for all the seperate units. If you are not computer savvy though, I would stay away.
Basically it runs on an OS and pumps a frontend that is configured for your particular setup. The frontend is your menu and you choose what you want to do. Options are endless. You can add as many options as you want (or usb and firewire ports you have)

I am just trying to get a grasp on it now but will try and put together a project later on...be on the lookout...

Ohh and its gonna be going in my United Grey GTI...

hakgwai

Touring Car Newbie
Car(s)
BMP GTI
Hey guys, was wondering which Nav systems lets u watch dvd's while on the go.
Plus which one u guys suggest me on buying

bbrogdon

one thing that i never knew about the built in satnav was that it shows your directions in the mfd in the dash. when you have guidance activated it shows you which direction to turn, the name of the street that you're turning onto and how far you have before you make the turn. to me its worth the extra price you pay.

awilson529

Ready to race!
bbrogdon said:
one thing that i never knew about the built in satnav was that it shows your directions in the mfd in the dash. when you have guidance activated it shows you which direction to turn, the name of the street that you're turning onto and how far you have before you make the turn. to me its worth the extra price you pay.

That's definately a plus.

I know when I get my GTI, I will happily pay a little extra for a factory SatNav.

atomoverride

Ruler of Omicron Persei 8
The Pioneer Avic- N1, and N2 allow you to watch dvd movies while you drive. I dont know about the Z1 (the one I want to get) but they seem to hack the new models soon after they come out. Doest matter much to me as I think the Z1 is a far better unit.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
I have the navi in the GTI, and its awesome. I use it most of the time to find new places to eat based on the types of food im looking for. It gives you the number of the location so no need to dial 411 ;) Also its so much quicker than the navi I had in my 2002 Passat (MFD version G)

outsider

Go Kart Newbie
if you replace your factory stereo (non-navigation) with an aftermarket one you will loose the steering controls though right?

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
I think it's a great feature for those who really need it. Although I'd feel as though I'd have a "heads down display" in my car (not paying attenion enough to driving). I'd really worry if the wife was driving and using it. I'm not getting it and it is great for those that really need it!