GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

NA and Euro Seats are different

Double-V

Go Kart Champion
dwl137 said:
Actually that's exactly the reason the Interlagos seats arent the same. They're different for the US due to our "larger average size"

No, it was due to the fact that VW didn't want to pay for side airbag certification on two seats, so the design from the previous GLI/GTI was used for the cloth seat.

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
Oh boy i see what you meen about the seats

NA seats

EU seats

What a shocker.

To me they look like the seats in the NEW polo GTI

nomad

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
i want these.

since im buying my car in Mannheim, Germany... Can I get these installed? hmm..

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
There the optional RECAROs in europe but you will know that lol.

I have only seen them and sat in them in an R32 there ok but im not too sure of the back of them how long they will stay looking good.

erick.s

Autocross Champion
RJS5689 said:
Clearly im not, because it was just explaind to me that the HALOGEN high beams come on w/ the fogs off, that is something i did not know

That is incorrect. The only time the halogens are active is for flash to pass. That's it.

RJS5689

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
2006 MKV GTI
scuderiavw said:
enough boy-talk, did any of you guys bother to look at your window sticker? It says "BI-xenon headlamps", or at least look at your owner's manual? They are bixenons:wink: What is happening when you trun the high beams on, common sense?
Well my window sticker doesn't to say that, it just says Xenon.

Shovels

Touring Car Newbie
I had my first over 50's passenger yesterday and all he kept saying was "very nice"...I could see his FAST re-emerging not too mention his assessment of the interior....say no more :)

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
lol, everytime i visit my Dad whos 64 he asks if i want to sell my GTI to him. Were now looking for one for him lol.

ewoo

Rally Car Newbie
The US Spec Interlagos cloth seats are the sportier European regular Golf seats (not GTI). Sporty but wider and more plain than the "Sport Top" seats that are available in leather in the US.

I think the folks in the US test groups felt it was more appropriate because Americans are getting fatter and fatter. Very unfortunate.

I was really disappointed to find this out too. I prefer the look of the cloth seats but wanted the narrower recaro designed "Sport Top" seats that the rest of the world gets.

Attachments

• fatseats.jpg
    fatseats.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 685
  • euro_cloth.jpg
    euro_cloth.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 680
  • euro_leather.jpg
    euro_leather.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 679

snoopy

Touring Car Newbie
I see why most you guys now order the leather.
Im not a fan of the leather in the GTI but i would order it just for the seats.

GTT

Touring Car Champion
Teknophreak said:
They're probably different because Americans are too big (*cough*fat*cough*) to deal with the larger bolsters.

Actually, this fat American finds the sports seats to be quite comfy.
The cloth seats feel nearly the same except that one does not seat as "deeply" into them
as with the "top sport" leather seats. Thus, the "fat" theory is once again just jibberish.
Europeans are not small and no smaller than Americans. And thus European cars have quite nicely proportioned seats, compared to the smallish Japanese seats from the "cough" small "cough" Asian people.
JK intended. :biggrin:

white rabbit

My best mod is a car wash
GTT said:
Actually, this fat American finds the sports seats to be quite comfy.
The cloth seats feel nearly the same except that one does not seat as "deeply" into them
as with the "top sport" leather seats. Thus, the "fat" theory is once again just jibberish.
Europeans are not small and no smaller than Americans. And thus European cars have quite nicely proportioned seats, compared to the smallish Japanese seats from the "cough" small "cough" Asian people.
JK intended. :biggrin:
Is somebody "cough" fat "cough" ? Sorry but that's what it looks like on my screen.

The Euro seat are available in NA as leather, but only as black leather. I woud prefer to have the brown leather myself.

I just can't seem to win.

Unless....ring ring, I call a friend in Europe and order costly Euro replacements. But I think I'm dreaming on this one.

givenuponsociety

Autocross Newbie
:clap: yes definately bi-xenons.....went out to the garage now after all this speak of halogen.....definately 100% ni-xenons, the only halogens are the inner 2 lights for flashing when lights are off (DRL's on.) But I'm glad everyone got this cleared up.