GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Should i get it

Mossad67

Passed Driver's Ed
Hi everyone i'm new to this board and are considering getting a New MKV. I drove the car and loved, but i'm kindy having second thoughts. Mainly because i have visted a couple of VW forums and have read about people having problems with their new MKV's. Its either the GTI or the Mazda 3. I really like the GTI, i'm just worried about the quality. O one more thing. i read on the other forums that some people have started having trouble with their airbag lights coming on, has anyone here had this problem?

MKV6SPD

Oval Champion
Umm if there is noone in the passenger seat the light in the middle near the hazards will blink.If someone is sitting in it it will not blink.I have no issues with my gti.Great gas mileage too

MKV6SPD

Oval Champion
Accually i have not heard any rattles from the car.The speedo i am not sure of.I am pretty sure it might be off at high speeds on the highway.I just go by the traffic.I used to flow with traffic everyday at 70 but with this gti it says 80.I guess my fast makes everyone go 10 miles an hour higher???But this is definatly a car that i will keep for a long time.It is such a good car

Hokietuner

Rally Car Newbie
Here's my take on the Mazda 3, I feel like they just look fake and plastic looking, The lines are ridiculous, it may look sharp, but I'm one for a more flowing car myself, very different overall appearance. But either way i'm sure you'll be happy
Happy car hunting

Wild Hare

.: MR. BIG STUFF :.
Car(s)
2015 Golf R (TUNED)
Mazda doesn't have the quality of interior nor the fit and finish the GTI does! Any new car will have some challenges.

VrstewartW

What is a Ronaldo?
my brother has a mazda3 and i have the GTI. Whenever I have to drive his car, I cant wait until its over to get back into mine :wink:

but seriously, there are a few glitches happening with the new mk5s but theyre all being worked out right now. I been having some misfire issues but thats nothing that would keep me away from it. I suggest to wait a few more months and just the GTI. The interior/exterior quality was amazing compared to the mazda. The handling on the mazda isnt bad though but it seems like they used too much cheap plastic on theyre parts.

Good luck with your decision and feel free to ask any questions about the mazda.

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
The MKV has been around in some forms since 2003 in europe. The 2.0 T is the same engine audi has been using. Waiting wont prevent any problems. All cars have some problems. The mazda is a nice car in my opinion. But the GTI is NICER in many ways. Listen to your FAST!!

scarymonsterguy

Drag Racing Champion
my friend has a mazda 3, and the over all quality of the car just isnt there compared to the gti. the standard features alone in the gti tower over the mazda 3.on top of its much much faster, and....you get a "fast" when you but one. its a little more expensive but well well worth it in the long run. if its gonna be a car your driving and gonna ahve for a while then splurge and go for something that youll have fun in. the mazda 3 is a sharp looking car though. but personally im happy with my gti.

HotLanta MKfizzle

Formula 5000 Driver
The Mazda 3 is impressive, and a great value, however the GTI in my oppinion is the king of the under 30K compact car group. I feel this because the fit/finish of the GTI is identical to that of an AUDI etc... It's the overall feel of the interior that sold me, and it's a pleasure to spend time inside the car.

GTI689

Oval Champion
HotLanta MKfizzle said:
The Mazda 3 is impressive, and a great value, however the GTI in my oppinion is the king of the under 30K compact car group..

Couldnt have said it better my self...

sarny

Ready to race!
Hi,
I am in the same boat as you. I plan to choose between the 5 door GTI and the
Mazdaspeed 3. The MS3 should have around 250hp with a 2.3 litre turbo charged engine.

black2.0t

Drag Race Newbie
the gti is built for your fast if you do not have the fast then get the mazda

pinkfl2511

DUB Lover since '01
Car(s)
1999 BMW 328i
Mazda 3

No offense to Mazda people, but if you buy a Mazdaspeed 3 for like $22000 or whatever it's going to cost, and as soon as you drive it off the lot it's worth $18000, and even less when your loan is up. Hard as hell to lease one if at all, and for the same perfomance as a GTI, but with half the fit and finish? I'll pass. I'll stick with the gorgeous looking GTI, but I have to wait until December. =[ You lucky bastards that have one already!

:burnrubber: