GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Squeaky Drivers Seat!! (Driving me bonkers!!!!)

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
After 200 miles the interlagos seat is making these crazy creaking sounds. Im not heavy, but I am a big guy (6'3) I feel like im driving my old 97 Jeep Cherokee when I hear this! WTF? My Passat developed this same problem, but after 50,000 miles. Do you think the dealer would replace the entire seat, because I think its the seat frame..

bilbos

On the Kop
It was a big problem on older VW's. My Beetle had the same thing and had the seat replaced but the noise still returned so I just learned to live with it.

As far as I can see the MkV GTI has the same seat design and operation. Your dealer should replace the seat under warranty though.

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
That sucks. My friends 01 VR6 did the same thing. Let us know what they do about it. Sometimes it's just a part that needs to be lubed.

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
givenuponsociety said:
I am still waiting for a fix on this, took it to the dealership they lubricated the seat and it went away for a couple days and its back now.....I am also tall (6'4" strange coincidence) Aaaaaaand I already posted this thread several weeks ago.....

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825

Yeah my Passat had this same issue. I learned to live with it, but its a new car so it makes me mad you know..

davesee

FIA GT Champion
givenuponsociety said:
I am still waiting for a fix on this, took it to the dealership they lubricated the seat and it went away for a couple days and its back now.....I am also tall (6'4" strange coincidence) Aaaaaaand I already posted this thread several weeks ago.....

http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=825

I remember that.. I was wondering if you made any progress on a fix, looks like my answer is no

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
That's what I can't stand about buying a new car. Everything seems great at first, you're in love with it in a funny kind of way. Almost like the car is honeymooning you, then it shows its true self. Then I feel like an irritatating mosquito bringing in a brand new car, but it really shouldn't do that kind of crap. Nothing worse than being told, "Oh yea, all golfs have this or that problem. Nothing we can do about it." I know quite a few customers learn to live with stuff, but I agree, it sours your feelings period. I hope they get this seat squeak resolved.

davesee

FIA GT Champion
now that this topic has come up, mine hasnt squeeked in a while now.. either that or my brain has grown custom to it.

ill have to pay attention & turn my radio down to check

tydale3

Rally Car Champion
lay off the Big Macs and the Quarter pounders with cheese. That or lube it with white lithium grease spray. The dipshits at the dealer probbly lube it with WD-40 which is really more solvent than Grease. IT washes away whatever grease was there and lubes it for a day or two till the solvent drys up. By the way dont ever put wd-40 on any locks or hinges it ruins them over time.. I have seen it hundreds of times. Silicone or White grease works the best for any lube jobs on a car that are not grease fittings .

quailallstar

WOB DJ496
Car(s)
MY19 MK7.5 GTI Bunny
tydale3 said:
lay off the Big Macs and the Quarter pounders with cheese. That or lube it with white lithium grease spray. The dipshits at the dealer probbly lube it with WD-40 which is really more solvent than Grease. IT washes away whatever grease was there and lubes it for a day or two till the solvent drys up. By the way dont ever put wd-40 on any locks or hinges it ruins them over time.. I have seen it hundreds of times. Silicone or White grease works the best for any lube jobs on a car that are not grease fittings .

Im going to crank up the seat and spray the entire bottom part, but I'll watch out for the airbag lines down there. :wink:

Bluechair

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think its a height issue...

I recently got an airbag light fixed...so I think it might have popped up then... like they didn't tighten the seat down enough... I might try tightening it tonight...

Where can you buy silicon grease? I've heard to use that instead of WD-40...

Edit: lol, it was in this thread that I heard not to use it....

Last edited: