GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Alpine IVA-W200Ri

bamafanjtm

Battle Royale Champ
LivEToDrivE said:
Same one i just put in, the dvd play back is amazing, did you do the bypass? and how much did you fork out for yours?
where did you get it and how much did it set you back? did you get adapter for steering wheel controls? that looks flippin' sweeeet!!:burnrubber:

sublyme

Touring Car Champion
bamafanjtm said:
where did you get it and how much did it set you back? did you get adapter for steering wheel controls? that looks flippin' sweeeet!!:burnrubber:

Alpine says that they have an adapter available for the steering wheel buttons.. I haven't seen it though...

The headunit cost me 840 euros, tax included, 10 more bucks for the delivery..

I bought it on the internet, hiperelectro.com .. I also bought there the FACRA ISO adapter for VW GOLF, the bezel, (A normal 1-DIN, and then just cut the middle plastic piece to fit the 2-din frame).. and the antenna adapter..

excal06

Autocross Champion
I read from the specs that it has navigation input. What does it mean? Will it be like the OEM nav? And will it work with our existing Sattelite radio (just plug and play)?

LivEToDrivE

FIA World Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
GTI
No I dont have the adapter, I got mine from best buy with a buddy's discount (650), and the navigation is an add on interface which will set you back about another 800 depending on where you get it from. The adapter is on my list but not necessary at the immediate moment.

excal06

Autocross Champion
LivEToDrivE said:
No I dont have the adapter, I got mine from best buy with a buddy's discount (650), and the navigation is an add on interface which will set you back about another 800 depending on where you get it from. The adapter is on my list but not necessary at the immediate moment.

So the total is like $1500 including the nav. I would defenitely prefer this to the OEM navi. if indeed Alpine make the adapter for the steering wheel control.

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
yea ball park that sounds abbbout right, dont quote me on it. Supposedly the alpine nav system is good though, very direct and acurate.

nomad

does the deck interface with the oem cd changer? and if so did it require any additional parts? danke!

-vic-

Passed Driver's Ed
I don't think the alpine's could use the oem charger... here in europe, the nav unit is about 1,200 euros.. so, I will wait for a while, the price is very inflated..

The colors, at least in Europe, don't exactly match with the dashboard, the illumination is white, like in the MB's.. the good thing is that you can change the display and integrate a little bit more the headunit to the car...

nomad

so you're not using that oem 6-cd changer under the drivers armrest? :O i wonder if it is atall possible to use it with the alpine deck? o_O

-vic-

Passed Driver's Ed
ofcourse I am not using a Changer, you DONT NEED IT.. with a simple DVD you have more music in MP3 than any CD-CHANGER!!!

And connecting it to a 60GB iPOD, believe, you won't find you missing the darn changer!

nomad

lol good point ;)

VIVA LA BETO

Ready to race!
sublyme said:
Wow! That looks amazing, now it makes me rethink my car audio plans all over again. Looks like I might have to save up abit more.

I waited for this and it is worthy. ALPINE :respekt:
I LOVE ALPINE AND KICKER Sound Pression Level.
I will buy it in JULY 2006 cause my car needs and update and i will need the IPOD too cause i never want to carry CDs.

Features:

PulseTouch" Display

7" Fully Motorized Monitor

White LED Sub Display

50W MAX x 4/18W RMS x 4 High Power Amplifier

Dolby Digital/DTS Decoder Ready

DVD-R/RW Compatible

MP3 and WMA Playback

MP3 ID3 Tag Informationo Ready for iPod (KCA-420i)

Satellite Radio Ready

DVD Menu Direct Touch Control

iPersonalize" Data Download

Amplifier Link, Bass Engine"

Visual Equalizer

3 PreOuts

Rear Camera Input

Navigation Input

1 A/V Input

1 A/V Output

Navi Mixo MediaXpander

PXA-H701/MRA-D550/MRD-F350 Touch Control Ready
Alpine IVAD310 Alpine IVA D310 Alpine CD / DVD Reciever with 7"LCD monitor

nomad

with the alpine digital amp's and their decks, you can control the amp settings from the driver seat xD that's why i decided to go a full alpine system. i usto have two 4.5 kicker speakers in my crx, and i LOVED them. i had a clarion deck too, good shit.

LivEToDrivE

Car(s)
GTI
U should be able to control any amp for the most part as long as the Alpine headunit/screen has a subwoofer control output on it. Dosn't have to be Alpine because I'm using a Kenwood 9102 to push my MOMO's. I dont like the flip ups as much, just seems cheaper plus the motorized screens crap out after time goes on.