GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Neuspeed air intake

Icranon

Sold my GTI 4 Mustang
Car(s)
08 Mustang gt/cs
Ok so I have purchased one of these intakes, and i am still waiting for it in the mail. I have been reading a couple posts that say that this intake cuts power. I was wondering if there is any actual evidence that this intake cuts power, or is it that some weirdo that hates neuspeed started a rumor, and has everyone scared to buy it

Wantagti

insufficient funds
Car(s)
Chevy Suburban Z71
The only thing I can say is that with my Mazda6, aftermarket intakes set a service engine light, but do make more power. There is only one company that makes an intake with a maf translator type thing that feeds the computer the signal it wants to see. CPE is the company.

Icranon said:
Ok so I have purchased one of these intakes, and i am still waiting for it in the mail. I have been reading a couple posts that say that this intake cuts power. I was wondering if there is any actual evidence that this intake cuts power, or is it that some weirdo that hates neuspeed started a rumor, and has everyone scared to buy it
I say good for you! PLEASE tell use how well it goes.

Wantagti said:
The only thing I can say is that with my Mazda6, aftermarket intakes set a service engine light, but do make more power. There is only one company that makes an intake with a maf translator type thing that feeds the computer the signal it wants to see. CPE is the company.
Did you have the OEM O2 sensor still on the intake? MAF I mean.

Last edited:
What is this?

loccusst

FIA GT Champion
Car(s)
MKV GTI
Neuspeed has a adapter built into the tube. You attach the MAF to the tube....in the same spot. But I have heard that you lose power from the Neuspeed intake. I haven't seen any dyno numbers yet. I think so far it is all seat of the pants dyno. I am actually waiting for AEM to make a V2for our car.

nomios

Touring Car Champion
Sucks that VW integrated the intake into the engine cover. Also it doesn’t seem like the neuspeed intake is all that much better than the stock version.

I will be sticking with the stock intake.

Dubdr

Rally Car Champion
Basically CAI and how flor intakes you don't gain a lot of power unless you do something to the MAF. I don't know if the ns kit includes a MAF conversion. But when you are letting tons more air in and not letting the computer know about it the MAF reads too much air in the system and changes your fuel trim to the point that dynos have shown that you can lose power. Just me a reflash at your local speed shop will make the difference. At school we installed a CAI on at TT and on the dyno we lost 8hp!!!

blackmkv

Rally Car Newbie
Car(s)
VW GTI
BLACKMAGICGTI'06 said:
K&N makes a replacement filter for the air box thats already in the car. looks like that may be the way to go.
i agree... if you notice, the stock intake assembly goes straight to the front of the car. almost like a "ram air" system. this gives it the coldest air possible. i have not seen the entire assembly of the stock air box so it might have a flaw or something which obstructs air flow to preven suction of water into the manifold. that is why it will be better to have a straight CAI system. but for now sense i havent seen one which will be any good, it would be wise to just replace the stock filter with a k&n so that you wont have any hot air going in and reducing hp:thumbup: