GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Let's see your PC's

AdvanSuper

Banned

trick000

FIA World Rally Car Champion
Building a PC is so not worth the hassle nowadays. I just order from IBuyPower. wiretap's PC does look sweet though.

-wiretap-

hax0r
Building a PC is so not worth the hassle nowadays. I just order from IBuyPower. wiretap's PC does look sweet though.
Not worth the hassle? It takes like 20 minutes to build, you save shit tons of money, and you can choose exact components. Ibuypower has the worst customer service I've dealt with.. lol.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Not worth the hassle? It takes like 20 minutes to build, you save shit tons of money, and you can choose exact components. Ibuypower has the worst customer service I've dealt with.. lol.

Actually, for the average user, a straight out of the box PC would be the best value.

IMO custom built PCs are more for the either the power hungry folks or die hard enthusiasts.

And people who buy pre-built "custom" PCs are just silly.

AdvanSuper

Banned
Actually, for the average user, a straight out of the box PC would be the best value.

IMO custom built PCs are more for the either the power hungry folks or die hard enthusiasts.

And people who buy pre-built "custom" PCs are just silly.

Yes but in his case he is saying that him buying a pre built gaming rig is less hastle... Which by the looks of it is waaaaaaaay over priced....

utekineir

Banned
Off the shelf box $400 ish computers are more than adequate for a typical person, hardware has outpaced the demands of software, unlike how it was with 286-486s, original pentiums etc.

Prebuilt gaming rigs are just an unlubed gorilla fucking waiting for your credit card number.

Building a pc is like putting together legos. The hardest part is researching and finding the best components if you don't stay current on it.

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Pstt Wiretap, I'm making the jump to watercooling. Here's my planned list, let me know what you think. Am I missing anything?

Black Ice GTX240
Swiftech MCP655-B
Swifttech Apogee GTZ

-wiretap-

hax0r
That should work. Just make sure to figure out which size tubing and fittings you're going with. I'm assuming you'll use 1/2''. That makes things easy. Also make sure you know how you're going to be filling it. The easiest way I find is to have a reservoir with a fill port attached.

For reference, I'm using this one:
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=318&products_id=4489

I have an additional G1/4'' threaded fitting on the top attached to a t-line so it makes filling the system and getting all the bubbles out really easy.

Here's the fillport I'm using.
http://www.performance-pcs.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=2476

FaLLeNAn9eL

JESUS HATES FLAT TIRE
Thanks for the quick reply. :smile:

Yeah, I'm going with the 1/2" tubing. I'm currently looking into reservoirs with a fill port.

Is there a specific order for the loop to run? Like Heat Sink > Pump > Radiator > Reservoir > Heat Sink?

-wiretap-

hax0r
The order doesn't much matter in a single block loop. You'll want your pump attached to the reservoir to make it easy for the pump to suck up the water when filling through. It helps if the pump is at the lowest elevation.

Mine goes:
reservoir out --> pump --> water block --> radiator --> reservoir in ------repeat

absoluteczech

GolfMKV ADMlN
mine goes pump > rad > cpu > gpu > res

in the end it really doesnt make much diff. maybe 1C max...

Untitled-1.jpg