GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3" Dump pipe + Stg 2 2moro boys....

Androo

lolwut... ??
If you do the TBE & DP, you will need a better fuel pump, because it flows better the turbo boost will spike which then creates that fuel cut as the standard fuel pump can't provide that much fuel.

isaw

Banned
half.... 1600 + how much to get it fitted? another $200?
I spike at 20psi now anyway. and with a BF tune i dont think the fuel cuts are a issue..

606gti

black sheep
If you do the TBE & DP, you will need a better fuel pump, because it flows better the turbo boost will spike which then creates that fuel cut as the standard fuel pump can't provide that much fuel.

'Cough' bullshit

isaw

Banned
So I take it your pump is going on strong with no issues? I might have to get u to take me for a lap sometime to see if its worth it 606

Androo

lolwut... ??
'Cough' bullshit

If you think so.

Happens to most turbo cars running standard FP... nature of the beast if your running higher boost and better high flo exhaust. More boost requires more fuel... in colder weather turbo cars normally spike, which will/might cause the fuel cut.

606gti

black sheep

'Cough' bullshit

606gti

black sheep
yeah still on stock pump. And i know with giac anyway if you do get boost cuts from a big exhaust they have a file update for it.

Androo

lolwut... ??
yeah still on stock pump. And i know with giac anyway if you do get boost cuts from a big exhaust they have a file update for it.

It's not entirely bullshit... you can either that or get a after market boost controller. I'm going of other cars but turbo is turbo.

And I'm not saying "you MUST" get a better FP, but if you do get cuts, upgrade the FP. Simple.

just_quietly

Power Banned
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GTI 07 spec
I got a couple of fuel cuts on stg1.....we'll see with stg2...Time will tell. next will be HPFP then FMIC. From what ive been told the HPFP will contribute to increase wear on the cam follower which i'm a bit concerned about......but im still gathering info on that cam issue. Keep you posted.

just_quietly

Power Banned
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GTI 07 spec
what was the xforce downpipe worth if you dont mind me asking? I'm only interested in opening up the down pipe and keeping the stock catback so it stays quiet, noisy zorsts are soo p plater.

x-force dump + stg2 + labor = $1500 from peak. x-force dump goes for $1025. I could of got this cheaper else where but not to worry. :thumbsup:

I can tell you if you put this dump on your stock cat back........you'll be happy with performance and low noise. BTW the dump comes with an adapter for 2"5 pipe.

Byza

Haters unite!!!
^^ are you happy with the sounds? is there much of a difference in the loudness, i guess when its WOT you would...

is there any issues with the other smaller DP's versus the 3".. i was lead to believe that 3" was over kill???

this could be the AUS version of the Billy Boat craze hitting the US right now... (debranded APR exhaust)...

is the adaptor part of the package or a extra request when ordering?

i might skip stage one and just go stage 2 LOL if this is feasible...

isaw

Banned
yeah byza, downpipe + intake = s2, and its under 2k more. so basically 3.5k you have full stage 2.

just_quietly

Power Banned
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GTI 07 spec
^^ are you happy with the sounds? is there much of a difference in the loudness, i guess when its WOT you would...

is there any issues with the other smaller DP's versus the 3".. i was lead to believe that 3" was over kill???

this could be the AUS version of the Billy Boat craze hitting the US right now... (debranded APR exhaust)...

is the adaptor part of the package or a extra request when ordering?

i might skip stage one and just go stage 2 LOL if this is feasible...

To be totally honest its a bit loud on WOT atm but I have no resonator. I've heard Nikolas APR GTI a while back when he had a dump pipe and stock cat back with a res and it was nice. It wasn't intrusive and just that bit louder than stock if that makes sense?

Now is 3" over kill well...hmm I always wanted to go 2"75 just to play it safe between 2"5 and 3" but now I think 3" is fine. I look at it like this....Most enthusiast with 2.0 Turbo cars (EJ20T's, S15's, SR20's etc) who decided upon an after market exhaust go with 3" but in saying that there are a lot of variables to consider such as turbo size and tune specs. I've bent the rules a little and gone 3" instead of the specified 2"75 from revo; would I feel and hear the difference between 2"75 and 3" probably not so I'm not going to worry about it. Cars going really well atm so i'm just enjoying it.

The adaptor is part of the dump pipe which is another positive.

If I were you I would experience stg 1 just for piece of mind then go to stg 2 when you get bored of stg 1 but up to you.....

Byza

Haters unite!!!
^^ not a bad point bout the s1 then s2... gives you something to look forward too and build up too... if i go straight to s2, it means the hunger for more power means big $$$... i was just thinking of saving time if i want to go stage 2 anyway...

i just need to toss up wheels versus tune... hmmm what to do...

thanks for your help, i am still not 100% sure on what DP i want as i will be going APR tune due to convenience and service they have given me.. i am not brand bashing or anything but suits me.. i will speak to them perhaps this weekend and see what they recommend...

Byza

Haters unite!!!
yeah byza, downpipe + intake = s2, and its under 2k more. so basically 3.5k you have full stage 2.

yeah really its like just over $2700k for me... approx. $1700 tune and Dp $1000 roughly speaking.. i have the intake already but still uncertain about the carbonio.. might see once i have a tune and go from there...

but again.. wheels versus tune... hmmm i want wheels bad as very over black on black and dont want to go back to standard finish...

LOL maybe i should make another badgeless grill, sell it and put $$$ towards it...