GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

3" Dump pipe + Stg 2 2moro boys....

just_quietly

Power Banned
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GTI 07 spec
^^ so you are going to be running a xfroce DP and Milltek catback.. interesting combination... wish i was is sydney to hear it, perhaps get a clip and youtube it...

do you mind me asking, why milltek? they are an awesome exhaust but $$$$... thought you might have continued along the xforce line...

Hey Byron..

The combo will be a bit different however this is always what I wanted to do....3" dump down to either 2"5 or 2"75. I've always been impressed with Milltek and couldn't pass the offer from Ian @ rennenhaus.

I definately will post some pics and youtube for all to see and hear. I think there is another dyno day on the 10th of oct for VAG cars but i'm going to try and sneek my own before then....

:thumbsup:

Byza

Haters unite!!!
^^ i do like your thinking with the 3inch down to smaller exhaust... 3inch exhaust would be over kill...

so you purchased through Ian, i might have to see what the damage would be.. i have been planning DP to stock catback and then change later.. i am getting bit ahead of myself because i havent even done the tune just yet due to licence restriction LOL... my plans was basically straight to stage two...

i would be interested to also know your feedback if there is different from the stock to milltek catback.. obviously sounds will change but performance etc.. all the feedback i have had is that our stock catbacks are really good and no very restrictive compared to other cars.. might be BS but seems to be some truth with plenty of ppl doing this...

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
^^ i do like your thinking with the 3inch down to smaller exhaust... 3inch exhaust would be over kill..

I'm curious about this - what is the thinking behind dropping it back to the smaller sized catback?
I'd imagine 3" right through would flow more, but what characteristics of power delivery are changed?

I was disappointed to see that the Milltek wasn't full 3" after the DP like the APR ones are, but would like to know what the real world effects are...

isaw

Banned
The performance gains from the zorst are made at the downpipe, A more free flowing one will allow the turbo to spool quciker, it will also reduce back pressure.

Once your out of the cat there isn't really any performance to gain, just noise.
and we all know what a lancer with a fart cannon sounds like.. with a downpipe + stock cat back your turbo noise is basically lounder the the zorst :happyanim:

just_quietly

Power Banned
Car(s)
Mk5 Golf GTI 07 spec
I'm curious about this - what is the thinking behind dropping it back to the smaller sized catback?
I'd imagine 3" right through would flow more, but what characteristics of power delivery are changed?

I was disappointed to see that the Milltek wasn't full 3" after the DP like the APR ones are, but would like to know what the real world effects are...

This is my theory..."I could be wrong but I'm going to try this"

The x-force dump right off the turbo is 3"5 bore to the cat, after the cat its 3". Then cat back being 2"75.

Reason: Trying to capture bottom end torque a bit more (2nd gear). The exhaust (once Milltek fitted with no res) is free flowing already for top end to assist stg II tune. Lets face it our turbos are small and run out of puff anyway. I just dont think it nessary to have 3" all the way....imo.

srbsta

Banned
Car(s)
2006 Volkswagen GTI
i was waiting for you but you never showed up hhahha

decksla

Ready to race!

rellis are a different animal altogether so keep this in mind and dont get caught up in the 2.5 vs 3 debate.

from what i have read, 3in is the preferred size for the k04s. :)

tinto

bitch please
Car(s)
2009 Pirelli GTI
^ cheers, that is what I wanted to hear :D

606gti

black sheep
rellis are a different animal altogether so keep this in mind and dont get caught up in the 2.5 vs 3 debate.

from what i have read, 3in is the preferred size for the k04s. :)

vf runs the milltek 2.75" on their rss and rsr cars im pretty sure.. And they have gt 28/71's

decksla

Ready to race!
vf runs the milltek 2.75" on their rss and rsr cars im pretty sure.. And they have gt 28/71's

they may.

im not sure about now.

but even the new GIAC tunes for the K04 recommend a 3 inch. (posted elsewhere on these forums)

for the relli's i wouldnt go any other size other than the 3.

decksla

Ready to race!
Regal rss 350 uses milltek 2.75" makes you think Itd be sufficient on a ko4

yeah only cuz they sell em.

they also do AWE so obviously the bigger one wins.

if they pimped eurojet, their car would be 3 inch

but lets not turn it into an argument.