GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Car Chat 2: The Place You Go When Plac ISN'T Considering a New Car

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I agree with the Charger being "older", which is why I put "better" in quotations. From my time riding in my dads, as well as driving it a few times, I find the interior of it to be just as livable as the GTI, and on par with materials and such in it. For me, better just means that it feels better to be in and I enjoy having the ability to put my foot down and have instant power delivery, not this "wait, wait, wait, wait, ok now go" that I get with the GTi. Modding anything is off the table for a while no matter if I keep it or get something different, as I can't justify spending the $$$ on parts anymore. More or less, I guess I'm just thinking out loud here.

Finally. Someone else gets it.

The Charger is pretty gay unless you have kids/need a big car, then it's a great option. For a single guy I can't imagine why you would choose it over a Mustang, Corvette, Challenger, etc.

OH DANG!!!

What do you drive again? :laugh:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
I've had 2 Mustangs already, and I've had a C5 Vette; so I don't really want to go back to either of those options at this time since I want something different. The Challenger is nice, but it's not really that appealing to me; the same with the Camaro too. Also, after having four doors for a while now, I do really enjoy having them and would like to stick with something with them if possible.

What year Mustangs? Pics?

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
i was right about to ask that :laugh:

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
Finally. Someone else gets it.

OH DANG!!!

What do you drive again? :laugh:

Lol, I've just never gotten the "superior interior" thing around here. I mean, the GTI is leaps and bounds ahead of most of the older cars I've owned, but besides having the touch screen radio, there's nothing in it that I couldn't live without if I had to. And I find the newer Chargers, and some of the Ford lineup as well, to be closing the gap drastically.

What year Mustangs? Pics?

Were red 03's, though one was a plain V6 that I purchased right out of high school. The other was a Mach1, that I regret selling for my Vette now though.

I have no pictures of the V6, but this is probably the best picture I have of my Mach1, and it was taken on a car cruise like 8 or 9 years ago:

mk6medic

Go Kart Champion
Were red 03's, though one was a plain V6 that I purchased right out of high school. The other was a Mach1, that I regret selling for my Vette now though.

I have no pictures of the V6, but this is probably the best picture I have of my Mach1, and it was taken on a car cruise like 8 or 9 years ago:

LOVE the Mach 1s. I had a 94 GT, 67 390 fastback, 01 GT and 05 GT.

Desert MVIGTI

Go Kart Champion
Lol, I've just never gotten the "superior interior" thing around here. I mean, the GTI is leaps and bounds ahead of most of the older cars I've owned, but besides having the touch screen radio, there's nothing in it that I couldn't live without if I had to. And I find the newer Chargers, and some of the Ford lineup as well, to be closing the gap drastically.

Dat shaker hood and four valve motor....

Devilchrono

Ready to race!
LOVE the Mach 1s. I had a 94 GT, 67 390 fastback, 01 GT and 05 GT.

Dat shaker hood and four valve motor....

Yep, and I'll have another one some day. I'm kicking myself for selling it though, as I had a ton of suspension parts at the house for it to start making a corner carver out of it and just got the itch for a Vette to go along with my dads at the time. Big mistake :(

Also, the motor in that thing is HUGE from a physical standpoint. There's like no room to work on the motor with it in the car.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
Damn.. if the color wasn't gay enough, dat wheel gap is, doe.

trev1342

Go Kart Champion
It doesn't matter what color it is; that Miata is a complete blast to drive.

Gunkata

Drag Race Newbie
I was kidding. I still have yet to drive one. Tried convincing the wife to let me get a cheap old one for a track car.. no dice.