Ready to race!
Is burso psychic? "We had a heavy rainstorm tomorrow.......":eek:

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Is burso psychic? "We had a heavy rainstorm tomorrow.......":eek:

Black helicopters hovering ... ... flashing lights ... ... :eek:

marvin1

Ready to race!
looked at mine today after some heavy rain and its the same ,nothing to worry about imho ;)

It was ever thus with the MK5/6 and now MK7. It's when the water appears inside the car that you need to start worrying!:)

lar

My new TSI is the same except when you open the rear doors water drips from the door frame and seals on to the seats. This has not happened on any other car I've owned including a Mk 4 golf. I had a look in three other cars today at the same time and in none had water gotten in past the door seals. I'm waiting to hear back from the dealer on the issue.

Attachments

• IMG_1891.JPG
    IMG_1891.JPG
    463.8 KB · Views: 3,916
  • IMG_1896.JPG
    IMG_1896.JPG
    208.5 KB · Views: 3,148
  • IMG_1898.JPG
    IMG_1898.JPG
    280.4 KB · Views: 3,157
  • IMG_1899.JPG
    IMG_1899.JPG
    368.2 KB · Views: 3,219
  • IMG_1901.JPG
    IMG_1901.JPG
    320.6 KB · Views: 3,084
  • IMG_1902.JPG
    IMG_1902.JPG
    333 KB · Views: 3,352

dadu

Ready to race!
As soon as I open the doors, water drips in all over. I'm afraid there's nothing we can do, that's the way is designed...

Geomets

Ready to race!
Car(s)
Golf mk7 GTI
It's probably because of the safety standards and the aerodynamics of the vehicle. The doors (which are the weakest part of a car) have to be fitted with steel bars etc. and have to be curved for better aerodynamics. This is no Porsche nor Lamborghini but just a good hatch so we can't have them all. I would wait for the seals to bed-in too, as they need a little "water-time" to work properly.

lar

The car was back into the VW service centre where they told me the seals are working the way they were intended to work. When pressed they told me that VW are aware it's an issue but they can't do anything about it at present.

My car is now a month old the water dripping in is only getting worse as the weather gets worse. Not happy!

burso

Ready to race!
Thanks for the update. It is ridiculous to have these issues in a 2013 car of the year. VW will say the seals are working as long the water doesn't get into the interior, however I have never experienced this with any of my previous cars. The inside frames are wet all the time as I cannot be bothered to wipe them everytime it rains.

JohnV1

Ready to race!
Mk6 was the same. My Mk7 also has water around the inner frame but never gets into the interior even when using a pressure washer.

It's a design issue rather than fit 'n finish.

DW58

Go Kart Champion
Yup - totally agree with JohnV, design fault but not really a major issue - it's never bothered me in the Mk6 other than another area requiring regular cleaning.

marvin1

Ready to race!
Yes, a lot of fuss about nothing UNLESS water actually comes into the car when driving or if you are inside and observe same when parked up. Water naturally gets behind those seals designed to reduce wind noise but the actual sealing is the metal of the door contacting the big squashy interior seal. Obviously any water getting passed the the wind seal will settle on those door metal parts and may/will drip off when the door is opened - annoyingly, however.

The wasp

Ready to race!
Yes, a lot of fuss about nothing UNLESS water actually comes into the car when driving or if you are inside and observe same when parked up. Water naturally gets behind those seals designed to reduce wind noise but the actual sealing is the metal of the door contacting the big squashy interior seal. Obviously any water getting passed the the wind seal will settle on those door metal parts and may/will drip off when the door is opened - annoyingly, however.

What he said............these are NOT water seals, they are for wind noise only.