GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wow! new M3 test! 0-60mph in 4.4 seconds or better.

nick9871

Ready to race!
Wow that sounds impressive until you see that the E46 is only .3 seconds slower to 60 and only .5 seconds slower in the 1/4. And it has 80 less horsepower. And it costs $13,000 less..

Always loved BMW and the M series, but I would rather buy a E46 M3 or older M5.

The new M is really ugly as well... With the bulge in the hood it looks like a Hyundai with a boner.

335 Trojan

Macro FTW.
Or get a 335i coupe, get it chipped and you are faster than the new M3 haha.
and u save like $20k

MHS216

Anchors Aweigh
I'd be impressed if that was 0-60 in 3.4 instead of 4.4, but it isn't, so I'm not.

OP, why are you going from an S4 and M3 to a GTI? Not waiting for the new M3.

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
Wow that sounds impressive until you see that the E46 is only .3 seconds slower to 60 and only .5 seconds slower in the 1/4. And it has 80 less horsepower. And it costs $13,000 less..

dude, 0,5 sec is like 100 feet or 6-8 car lengths on a e46 M3. plus it will stop better and handle better than a e46 m3. and thats conservative - it could run a 12.8 or less, stock, with full warranty (unlike a chipped 335i that already overheats stock)

Fonderson

Autocross Champion
Why would BMW make the M3 do 0-60 in 3.4 ? That's faster than the M5 & M6?

Furthermore, the 335 will not deliever the acceleration or power the same way the m3 does. It's not like the GTI vs R32.

Dave1078

Go Kart Champion
Why would BMW make the M3 do 0-60 in 3.4 ? That's faster than the M5 & M6?

Furthermore, the 335 will not deliever the acceleration or power the same way the m3 does. It's not like the GTI vs R32.

+1.

A 0-60 in the mid 3 second range is super car performance. (not that 0-60 is the measure of a car).

nick9871

Ready to race!
dude, 0,5 sec is like 100 feet or 6-8 car lengths on a e46 M3. plus it will stop better and handle better than a e46 m3. and thats conservative - it could run a 12.8 or less, stock, with full warranty (unlike a chipped 335i that already overheats stock)

I guess I just expected to be blown away by the new engine. What worries me is the added weight of the V8 and how the car handles. The car looks quite high off the ground and with a heavier longer front I would think oversteer may be an issue, but BMW knows how to handle this.

The engine is cool, not nearly as cool as the V10, but I am just not blown away. Not sure why i was expecting to be though lol.

Regardless, it is still hideous in my opinion and does not look like an M3 should...

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
I guess I just expected to be blown away by the new engine. What worries me is the added weight of the V8 and how the car handles. The car looks quite high off the ground and with a heavier longer front I would think oversteer may be an issue, but BMW knows how to handle this.

The engine is cool, not nearly as cool as the V10, but I am just not blown away. Not sure why i was expecting to be though lol.

Regardless, it is still hideous in my opinion and does not look like an M3 should...

incorrect, the V8 weighs less than the old inline 6. its the E92 chassis that weighs 300lbs more or whatever

nick9871

Ready to race!
incorrect, the V8 weighs less than the old inline 6. its the E92 chassis that weighs 300lbs more or whatever

Oh ok, I didn't look in detail. I just figured that it was the engine. Either way, it is quite a heavy car. But what isnt these days.