GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

wow! new M3 test! 0-60mph in 4.4 seconds or better.

Rabbit GTI

Go Kart Champion
:iono: ^That V6?

Anyway you're right, brain cramp on my behalf

the one kid first said the old M3 had a V6, and then he said that the new V8 was not tuned enough for him, even though it has an 8400 RPM redline. that comment wasn't directed at you, i think he was just laughing at me making fun of the youngin.

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
the one kid first said the old M3 had a V6, and then he said that the new V8 was not tuned enough for him, even though it has an 8400 RPM redline. that comment wasn't directed at you, i think he was just laughing at me making fun of the youngin.

I lost track of who was being "un-informed"

Xhausted

Ready to race!
p0035185.jpg

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
exactly, thats what i'm goin for!

too many people think they can build a M out a 3 series. its not just about speed - its the handling, the suspension, the 8400 rpm redline, the lim slip rear end, the big brakes. what you end up with is a highly modded car without warranty.

looks like EC magazine is doing a project 335i car. everyone is like - oh just chip it and its faster than the M3/S4/fill in blank.

Well EC is saying: Chip it for $1300 bucks and get 375 HP.....BUT
the intercooler is tool small $$$$$$
the exhaust should be changed $$$$$
the diverter valve and intake it too weak for higher boost $$$$$
and I am guessing an upgraded oil cooler is in line $$$$$ because the initial 335's overheated until BMW added an auxiliray oil cooler.

bottom Line $$$$$$ you end up spending big bucks on a modded car with no warranty. maybe refusal to maintain it for free and you probably have to use 1/2 tank of 100 octane at 6 bucks a gallon.

and you still dont have a modded suspension or brakes, another $10k. and dont forget the lim slip you need to add to get all that power to the ground.....another $4k? So you spend almost the same as an M3 (or more)and your resale value will plummet unlike an M series.
not worth it in my book.

PS - if all you want to do is go fast in a straight line just get a Mustang and mod it and save you $$$.

newtogolf

FIA World Rally Car Champion
i remmember when the E46 M3 came out i was so excited. i promised myself i would have one by the time i turn 25, but i didnt achieve that ambition in the end.

i like this new one but so far it doesnt feel like its a giant leap forward from the E46. its got me excited reading magazines and stuff but i think its more because its a new M car rather than what it actually is.

Sayemthree

Ready to race!
i remmember when the E46 M3 came out i was so excited. i promised myself i would have one by the time i turn 25, but i didnt achieve that ambition in the end.

i like this new one but so far it doesnt feel like its a giant leap forward from the E46. its got me excited reading magazines and stuff but i think its more because its a new M car rather than what it actually is.

so buy my e46 M3 so I can buy a new one! :wink: