GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What are you drinking?

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
It's delightful. It's also 127 proof and to be savored :)

A review of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof says the following:

"A blast of rich oak, maple and caramel followed with more subtle hints of apple cinnamon and orange. It has an overall sweetness that does a good job hiding the high proof."

Do your taste buds agree with this assessment? What can you add?

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
A review of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof says the following:

"A blast of rich oak, maple and caramel followed with more subtle hints of apple cinnamon and orange. It has an overall sweetness that does a good job hiding the high proof."

Do your taste buds agree with this assessment? What can you add?

Initial sniff says coffee but it doesn't overwhelm on tasting. MrsDutch hates whiskey and that was her unprompted response as well. Oak, caramel, and a little bit of chocolate. I don't like an overly sweet whisky and this is not at all, but remarkably smooth. I tried it and didn't realize the proof until I read it afterwards.

I usually have my whisky with a single ice cube but this is a treat with nothing added.

Obsrvr

Ready to race!
Initial sniff says coffee but it doesn't overwhelm on tasting. MrsDutch hates whiskey and that was her unprompted response as well. Oak, caramel, and a little bit of chocolate. I don't like an overly sweet whisky and this is not at all, but remarkably smooth. I tried it and didn't realize the proof until I read it afterwards.

I usually have my whisky with a single ice cube but this is a treat with nothing added.

I'm mostly a tequila-sipper, but this does sound Intriguing...

-Dutch-

Drag Race Newbie
I kid, I kid... Anyone who wants to come over and enjoy some need only make the trip.

After the Woodford Reserve we have a bottle of Ardmore Legacy. Again, a Christmas gift courtesy of the fantastic Mrs Dutch. Ardmore Traditional was dollar for dollar the best scotch I've ever tasted but was sadly discontinued. Legacy replaced it and and has a great peat/smoky flavor.

Shane_Anigans

Drag Race Newbie
Balvenie Triple Cask. Picked up a bottle at the Ambassador Duty Free store a while back, but now I'm running low and I can't find more of it.

Rafiki76

Ready to race!
Whiskey: Jameson especially with a slight splash of vermouth
Scotch: Macallen 17
Vodka: Grey Goose
Beer: MILLER!
Tequila: Nope

I'm Armenian so we love our Vodka but I am very partial to whiskey and beer. It goes with the Copenhagen well.

Gogo GTI

Go Kart Champion
My affordable DD whiskey (not that I actually drink daily) was Templeton and have switched over to High West.

My current favorite cocktail at home is gin + amaro with a grapefruit twist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FriskyDingo

Ready to race!
I dabble in bourbon/whiskey/scotch, but I am new to the world. Tequila (and mezcal/bacanora/sotol) is my true love, though. I probably have over 50 bottles and I even age my own in small barrels.

I'm mostly a tequila-sipper, but this does sound Intriguing...

I'm a tequila as well. What are some of your regular go-tos? Do you do blancos, reps, anejos, or all expressions? Mess with any of tequila's cousins- sotol, mezcal, etc.