GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

torga's Daily Build - black, 6mt, two-door shenanigans

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Can you school me on this MDI delete and DIN pocket? Looked over the thread, sorry if I missed it. I have one of those stupid phones that they don't offer a cable for

torga

Autocross Champion
Can you school me on this MDI delete and DIN pocket? Looked over the thread, sorry if I missed it. I have one of those stupid phones that they don't offer a cable for
I did it because I installed an RCD330+ head unit and have absolutely no need for such an outdated data plug in and I would rather have extra storage.
If you pop open your center console and take a look at the MDI unit, you'll see two narrow slits on the long edge, on the passenger side. What you need to do to remove it is cut an old credit card into strips that will fit into those slits - stick them all the way in and that's all it should take. You'll hear a "click" and you'll have released the MDI unit. You may have to jiggle the strip around, but it'll come out. After that, you pull it out and unplug the cable in the back of it; I just tucked the cable away within the center console.
Then, I installed this specific single DIN pocket. I'm unsure if all DIN pockets are standard, but another member used this exact one with no issues, so I went with it. You just slip that pocket into the space the MDI occupied and now you have extra center console storage. It's a tight enough fit that it won't rattle around.

A little project I'd like to eventually do is flock the inside of that DIN pocket for a more OEM feel.

torga

Autocross Champion
Ugh, I've got everything I need to install my FMIC but I'm getting lazy about it because it's getting cold. Heat soak is on that hibernation tip.

torga

Autocross Champion
Just a random photo from the other day. Walking back from the grocery store and thought it was sitting nice.
MVIMG_20191115_152049-01.jpeg

torga

Autocross Champion
I like those wheels, they would probably look good on my cw
I agree - I like the way hyper silver looks on white cars. I'm more of a bronze-on-black guy, myself. If I weren't planning on buying different wheels, I would've already coated these.

torga

Autocross Champion
Broke down for some Black Friday deals and bought an APR catback, an APR pendulum mount, and 034's billet pendulum mount inserts (upper & lower).

torga

Autocross Champion
Thanks man!! Can't wait to get some skirts that are similar to yours, but all these go fast parts keep beating me up and taking my money.

torga

Autocross Champion
The exhaust combo you installed didn't grow on you?
The Beluga grew on me when I was still Stage 1. But once I installed my APR downpipe, it immediately sounded bad - airy and raspy and it didn't get better. APR's full turboback sounds incredible, so now I'll get that sound once I install their CBE.

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
The Beluga grew on me when I was still Stage 1. But once I installed my APR downpipe, it immediately sounded bad - airy and raspy and it didn't get better. APR's full turboback sounds incredible, so now I'll get that sound once I install their CBE.
Nice.
I still need to grab a Catback, but i got such a hefty backlog of things I'm doing to this car.
And its ever increasing aha.

torga

Autocross Champion
Nice.
I still need to grab a Catback, but i got such a hefty backlog of things I'm doing to this car.
And its ever increasing aha.
Oh, I hear that; I have the same attitude towards cosmetic mods. I don't want to do much, but performance parts and maintenance keeps "getting in the way" lol

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Hopefully when I go Stage 2 my resonator delete won't sound like that. The Beluga sound has been compared to a stock exhaust with the resonator deleted.

I was all set to order some smoked side markers then I saw your clear ones and was like, damn those look great!! Now I don't know :unsure: