GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

torga's Daily Build - black, 6mt, two-door shenanigans

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Oh, I hear that; I have the same attitude towards cosmetic mods. I don't want to do much, but performance parts and maintenance keeps "getting in the way" lol

Yea my que log right now is mostly cosmetic mods which is partially why its so backed up aha.
There's no urgency to install them and so I dont do it immediately.
And as such they sit in que, but now I've stopped myself from buying other things until i finish them...

Hopefully that keeps me going and i finish them, because i really want to delete the rear seat now aha.

torga

Autocross Champion
Hopefully when I go Stage 2 my resonator delete won't sound like that. The Beluga sound has been compared to a stock exhaust with the resonator deleted.

I was all set to order some smoked side markers then I saw your clear ones and was like, damn those look great!! Now I don't know :unsure:
I went from a stock CBE with res-delete to Beluga and at first, I could barely tell a difference. So that's a true statement. It starts to sound a bit deeper once the mufflers settle in, but it doesn't change much. I suspect the Beluga sounds the way it does because of its thin gauge tubing, but I didn't get a chance to compare it with stock, so I don't know for sure.

I have a pair of smoked side markers that I ended up not using. You can have them, if you want.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
I have a pair of smoked side markers that I ended up not using. You can have them, if you want.

That would be awesome!! I'll send you a PM...or whatever it's called now.

torga

Autocross Champion
That would be awesome!! I'll send you a PM...or whatever it's called now.
Conversations :cool: lol

Yea my que log right now is mostly cosmetic mods which is partially why its so backed up aha.
There's no urgency to install them and so I dont do it immediately.
And as such they sit in que, but now I've stopped myself from buying other things until i finish them...

Hopefully that keeps me going and i finish them, because i really want to delete the rear seat now aha.
What sort of cosmetic mods are on deck for you?

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
What sort of cosmetic mods are on deck for you?
Currently trying to get my RevoZport hood notch filled.
Then ill be throwing that on with a badgeless top grille without the honeycomb.

Also have new door trims and dash trim inserts i need to install.
The door ones require me to pull inside portion off and basically break the old ones off.
New trims dont have that dull chrome strip on it.

Then I have to get my carbon spoiler mounted by a shop
and still get my R sideskirts painted and mounted.

sooo a lot...

torga

Autocross Champion
Currently trying to get my RevoZport hood notch filled.
Then ill be throwing that on with a badgeless top grille without the honeycomb.

Also have new door trims and dash trim inserts i need to install.
The door ones require me to pull inside portion off and basically break the old ones off.
New trims dont have that dull chrome strip on it.

Then I have to get my carbon spoiler mounted by a shop
and still get my R sideskirts painted and mounted.

sooo a lot...
Oh right, I remember you asking about that hood. That's a great looking hood - love the louvers/vents. Door trim is something I'd eventually like to replace - mine are piano black and the previous owner seems to have.... I don't know, taken a small pick to them? Small pockmarks all over them. Like a dog with a small mouth thought they looked tasty.
I'll eventually be getting some Votex-style sideskirts, a diffuser (don't really like calling it that, but I don't know a better word.... scaffolding?), and a wing extension. Maybe a front lip, but I'm undecided there.

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Damn I need me some side markers too ? I feel like some of the smoked ones are too dark for my taste(on a white car.) Also not sure if clear is my style anymore

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Damn I need me some side markers too ? I feel like some of the smoked ones are too dark for my taste(on a white car.) Also not sure if clear is my style anymore

If I don't like them I'll send them over to you :LOL:. If I had a white car I would probably just put color matched blanks in it's place :unsure:

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
If I don't like them I'll send them over to you :LOL:. If I had a white car I would probably just put color matched blanks in it's place :unsure:
Yea maybe later I want to get the plate holes filled at some point. I just imagine I'd find the one state inspector that would fail me for them being painted over haha

NewGuy1

Go Kart Champion
Oh right, I remember you asking about that hood. That's a great looking hood - love the louvers/vents. Door trim is something I'd eventually like to replace - mine are piano black and the previous owner seems to have.... I don't know, taken a small pick to them? Small pockmarks all over them. Like a dog with a small mouth thought they looked tasty.
I'll eventually be getting some Votex-style sideskirts, a diffuser (don't really like calling it that, but I don't know a better word.... scaffolding?), and a wing extension. Maybe a front lip, but I'm undecided there.

Yea I love the look of the hood, honestly one of the few on our platform that i like.
We'll see how it turns out, worst case scenario ill just grind back down all the filler and hope for the best.

Yea my trim looks like someone took a knife to it and just continually stabbed it.
Im torn on whether i like diffusers or not, think i might just add fins to mine like cosmo did.

torga

Autocross Champion
Be weary of those 034 mounts, I've heard of them failing in less than a year of install. Just be sure to keep an eye on them.
The only failures I've read about are people only using the lower mount, which is a poor choice. 034 realized this and designed the upper mount to pair with it, which stiffens up the assembly considerably.

torga

Autocross Champion
Installed my APR catback today and took her for a drive. My STARS, what a difference. I was starting to have some buyer's remorse, spending so much on a catback (even after a ~20% Black Friday coupon stack), but as soon as I turned on the car it all melted away.
The sound quality is superb. The best way I can compare the two is the APR sounds like a spectacular operatic baritone or tenor (think Pavarotti), just belting a powerful, warm note. Whereas the Beluga, it just sounds like someone screaming - completely unrestrained in comparison. I believe this is down to the quality of the muffler itself and the gauge of steel used. I didn't have a set of calipers handy for an empirical comparison, but the APR tubes looked visibly thicker.
Had the Beluga out and the APR in, in an hour flat.

Attachments

• IMG_20191130_171510.jpg
    IMG_20191130_171510.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 111