GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

Tooly

Drag Race Newbie
Car(s)
2018 GTI Autobahn
After some googling I found someone posted a pic earlier in the thread with the same 18x9 et30 specs on the rear also with 225/40/18 tires. Hmm, might be more poke in the rear than I like...

txricancarguy

Gearhead
Thoughts on 18 x 9 +35? I happen to have a set of Team Dynamic Pro Race 1.2s in this fitment just chillin in boxes...

SLC4EVER

Passed Driver's Ed
Currently running the following without rubbing issues.

19x9.5 et45
235/35-19 PS4S
KW H.A.S. (height adjustable springs) set to about as low as I want to go.
DCC shocks/struts (re-calibrated ACC and DCC)
Euro Sport Acc camber kit up front
6mm spacer in back (only needed at full droop) Once limiting straps are installed I'll remove them.

Alignment completed with front camber at -2.4 R/L

Last edited:
Reactions: q74

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Currently running the following without rubbing issues.

19x9.5 et45
235/35-19 PS4S
KW H.A.S. (height adjustable springs) set to about as low as I want to go.
DCC shocks/struts (recailbrated ACC and DCC)
Euro Sport Acc camber kit up front
6mm spacer in back (only needed at full droop) Once limiting straps are installed I'll remove them.

Gonna need some pics and maybe your Fender to Ground measurement for ride height reference. What wheels are you running as well?

SLC4EVER

Passed Driver's Ed
Nice man.

You still got your Corrado?

Indeed! It does say "4EVER". I'm going to be buried in it when I die. Haha. Just kidding. Hoping my nephew is in to them as much as I am. He drives a Mk6 GTI so it's looking good.

BecauseMotor

Go Kart Champion
Aggressive?

Rims: Rotiform BUC 19x8.5 et45
Tires: Continental DWS 245/35-19
Springs: H&R Sport Springs
Shocks/Struts: Bilstein B6 Damptronic
Spacers: 7mm front, 13mm rear
Camber Plates: Euro Sport Front Camber Kit
Front Camber Settings: -2.3 Left & -1.9 Right
Rear Camber Settings: -3.4 Left & -3.0 Right

Will get pics once car is clean. Hoping for Saturday.

Cliff

Drag Racing Champion
Car(s)
2015 Cayman GTS
Ok, I'll play.

18x9 et45 Neuspeed RSe10 wheels with 265/35R18 Bridgestone RE71R tires. The car is lowered about 0.5" from the stock Golf R ride height on Ohlins R&T coilovers with 7" Swift main springs (80n front/110n rear) paired with helper springs that collapse to a 0.7" height. Camber is -2 degrees in front on Ground Control plates and -1.8 in the rear, and caster angle is stock. Rake was set to 0.25" when the car was corner balanced in early October. No spacers and no fender modifications. This is as low as my car can go without rubbing with this size tire, and the half inch drop is consistent with what Ohlins recommended as the maximum ride height reduction for their coilovers.

Golf R-120013-20191012.jpg

Square1

Go Kart Champion
Ok, I'll play.

18x9 et45 Neuspeed RSe10 wheels with 265/35R18 Bridgestone RE71R tires. The car is lowered about 0.5" from the stock Golf R ride height on Ohlins R&T coilovers with 7" Swift main springs (80n front/110n rear) paired with helper springs that collapse to a 0.7" height. Camber is -2 degrees in front on Ground Control plates and -1.8 in the rear, and caster angle is stock. Rake was set to 0.25" when the car was corner balanced in early October. No spacers and no fender modifications. This is as low as my car can go without rubbing with this size tire, and the half inch drop is consistent with what Ohlins recommended as the maximum ride height reduction for their coilovers.

View attachment 161323
You win. The RE71R is huge at 245/40/18. I need some more pics.