GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

Aggressive wheel fitment thread/stance

ubersick

Ready to race!
did you have any fitment issues with these?
No issues. I was pretty low so I had to do the fender screw mod. Other than that, I was able to drive with full car and a roof box and I just got some minor rubbing on the back fender liner.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
A couple of questions:

1. Are 245 Indy 500's too wide for an 8" wheel?
2. Would 245/40/18 Indy 500 rub in the front? Wheels: 8" wide, et45. Drop: 1"-1.5".

blaqsheep

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
IS38 GTI
A couple of questions:

1. Are 245 Indy 500's too wide for an 8" wheel?
2. Would 245/40/18 Indy 500 rub in the front? Wheels: 8" wide, et45. Drop: 1"-1.5".

I found them to run really narrow, I think 245 will be perfect for 8" width, shouldn't rub - maybe just on the screw.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
I found them to run really narrow, I think 245 will be perfect for 8" width, shouldn't rub - maybe just on the screw.

Woah, narrow? Interesting, I've been hearing they run wide like the Michelin Pilot Sport.

I removed the screws a while ago after buying 235/40 MPS A/S3+.

Well, I added 245 Indy's to my list now. :)

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI

Per your link:

"Because of the different wheel widths used in the above example, there is a 8/10" projected difference in tire section width when comparing a tire mounted on the narrowest rim to the widest rim within its range. This may affect fenderwell and frame clearances when selecting optional aftermarket wheel and tire packages. "

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Woah, narrow? Interesting, I've been hearing they run wide like the Michelin Pilot Sport.

I removed the screws a while ago after buying 235/40 MPS A/S3+.

Well, I added 245 Indy's to my list now. :)

They have very bulbous sidewalls but the actual contact patch is tiny, the sidewalls aren't very square which means you're able to fit wider than expected as the sidewalls give it that stretched effect without actually stretching and going down widths.

anotero

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
Mk7 GTI
They have very bulbous sidewalls but the actual contact patch is tiny, the sidewalls aren't very square which means you're able to fit wider than expected as the sidewalls give it that stretched effect without actually stretching and going down widths.

Thanks for sharing your observations. Sounds like you have direct experience running them. Do you recommend them as a summer performance tire?

burgerkong

Drag Racing Champion
Thanks for sharing your observations. Sounds like you have direct experience running them. Do you recommend them as a summer performance tire?

I actually don't haha, but I've seen many people running very wide sizes that wouldn't have been possible with RS4, RE71R's or other squarer sidewall tires, and from my buddy's car that has 500's on it.

NoNpLuS

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2016 golf R base
alright! spring is approaching... tax return will be direct deposited any day now. time to buy car parts! flipflp, ive been following your build thread over on vortex for a long time, way before i pulled the trigger on my R. i need some advice with tire fitment as im sourcing the remaining parts for this round of upgrades.

i got a killer deal on some advanti storm S1's (17x9+45). i have 034 camber plates. im gonna pair those with 034 RSB and endlinks. i plan on dropping the car about 1" inch on EMD springs and running 255/40/17's on all four corners.

heres my question. will i be able to fit Hankook RS-4 255/40/17 tires without rubbing on this setup? tirerack specs on these tires are almost the same as 265/40 RE71.
sect width 10.6" tread width 9.4" overall dia 24.8"

or... should i play it safe and go with a 255/40/17 Nitto NT05 which has already proved fits with the same spring?

flipflp

Autocross Newbie
Car(s)
'16 Golf R DSG
Don't think I did a vortex build thread :unsure: there's an impostor out there! hahaha

You should have zero issues with that setup as long as you have done the fender screw mod and/or have someone roll your fenders to make it official. You may get some rubbing with the RS-4, that's about 1/2" more section width than the 255/35-18 I ran, though I did run a 5mm spacer up front so the wheel was technically an 18x9 ET40. Both tires are about the same price and should perform similarly, so maybe just stick with the NT05s to be safe?

I only ran the Konig Rennform setup with the 034 mounts and the EMD springs, but everything should be very similar. Those springs are just a bit softer than what I ran with the Motegi/NT05s.

Sounds like a great setup!

CamarosRus

Ready to race!
Car(s)
2019 Golf SE
NooB Member, New 2019 WHITE Golf SE owner.......Wanting to order Aftermarket Wheels/Tires
and probably install lowering springs/shocks to close up tire/body gap........

In my reading/research so far I've concluded that 18x8.5 et45 with 235/40-18 Tires
is best street set up...........I'm thinking VMR710 (Hyper Silver) and Continental DWS06.

Can YOU reply with suggestions, thoughts on the above sizes/specs or Your Set-Up?

Pictures would be great ...Please PM me for text or Email

Chuck S Auburn,WA

VMR710.10778798854_3ce2e6fab9_b.jpg

Attachments

• VMR710.v710golf6.jpg
    VMR710.v710golf6.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 155

NopeR

Autocross Champion
Car(s)
18 Golf R
If that's what you want, go for it. Fitment will be fine on stock or lowered applications.