GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
Finished ordering everything to go straight to Stg2 today (except the tune ? ) ... Carbonio intake w/ USP stg2 pipe. Anyone have good recommendations for O2 spacers? I'm CBFA so I'm gonna have to worry about that.

Thinking about doing Unitronic for the tune. Also ordered some AliExpress reflectagold so I can pull out my hood liner.

DASVDUB

Drag Racing Champion
Finished ordering everything to go straight to Stg2 today (except the tune ? ) ... Carbonio intake w/ USP stg2 pipe. Anyone have good recommendations for O2 spacers? I'm CBFA so I'm gonna have to worry about that.

Thinking about doing Unitronic for the tune. Also ordered some AliExpress reflectagold so I can pull out my hood liner.
Pull the hood liner anyways and don’t mess with reflecta gold

GolNat

Autocross Champion

My Amazon J spacer knock off is doing great. I’m CBFA and put the smallest spacer in. No CEL and all emissions are ready.

And no the good paint will be fine.

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
My Amazon J spacer knock off is doing great. I’m CBFA and put the smallest spacer in. No CEL and all emissions are ready.

And no the good paint will be fine.

Got a link?

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
Can someone remind me the forum app you can use on your phone for this site?

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
No need to worry about the hood paint?
No, the hood liner is not there to save your hood from heat. It's a form of sound insulation and some fire protection in case of crash. I haven't had my hood liner in for 40,000 miles and my paint is fine.

zef

Drag Racing Champion
I honestly don't think the doors add much. There's some extra electronics and door panels which are marginal but otherwise the amount of metal is about the same, just on the rear body panel instead of a door. I don't have a sunroof, on my buddies mk5 we deleted his sunroof and weighed everything, came out to 37 pounds. Would expect an mk6 sunroof to weigh about the same.

It's a 79 pound difference between 4 door and 2 door. (3034 vs 3113 for a 6MT).

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
When you start singing the new Taylor Swift song to your GTI, "You are never, ever, ever, getting put back together!"

brat_burner

Autocross Champion
Found some oil seeping out of my boost tap. One of the ports that is blocked and sealed with red loctite, or was. Odd...

Also, that Ali reflectagold is like $15 so knock yourself out. lol

Blakcard

Autocross Newbie
Never got the chance to mess around with mine...hard to afford all that when you're a highschooler/college kid. By the time I could afford it, I was putting money in to it just to keep driving :LOL: Did manage to put some 5x7's in the rear shelf with an amp, though. That really helped with the sound.
Yeah.. I went with 6x9's.. cramped but enough space for the face. Used my old waaay over powered amp for them and the sub. Double din Pioneer head unit was good for the upgraded doors and upgraded tweeters in the A pillar. I capped those to make sure no bass or mid-range went to them.