GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Found some oil seeping out of my boost tap. One of the ports that is blocked and sealed with red loctite, or was. Odd...

Also, that Ali reflectagold is like $15 so knock yourself out. lol

Keep an eye on the hose too depending on what it is made out of. Mine was rubber hose and it eventually started seeping oil out of it. I don't think the hose was meant to handle oil but some is bound to get in there at some point. Switched it to a silicon type hose and its been doing better.

snobrdrdan

former GTI owner
The Edition 35 came from the factory black. As does the lip. I feel like that horizontal expanse makes it look wider and more aggressive. There are plenty of examples on the ‘gram of people that have color matched theirs. I think that it looks really interesting and was actually planning on doing that before following Edition35 on Instagram, getting flooded with images of them (though none in UG) and finding that I like the black. I just prefer the wider look.

Oh...didn't know that about the Edition 35. It's not bad though, don't get me wrong

Gonna leave the red grille stripes red?

Phur

Autocross Champion
Oh...didn't know that about the Edition 35. It's not bad though, don't get me wrong

Gonna leave the red grille stripes red?
I didn't think you were being shitty. I didn't mean to come across as being defensive. We're cool. ;) I do plan on leaving the stripes red. I dig the contrast. I've actually thought about trying to find some super saturated candy satin-ish red vinyl for them. The way that I see it, the pop of red up front helps balance the Cherry Red tails.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
Got one of my front calipers and a rotor together today and tried to see if they would fit with my wheels without spacers. Nope, gonna need to get some for the fronts, probably 5mm just to be safe. I'll probably end up getting some for the rears also if it looks stupid with just the fronts. Seems like the perfect time to do them though while I don't really need to drive the car, although i'm hoping it wont take too long.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Well fudge. Popped open the tensioner inspection port just now and the old style tensioner reared it's ugly f'ing head. GRRRRRR

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
So I have very little stretch on my chain right now. Vagcom is reading at less than like 0.5 the last time I looked. Do I do the full timing chain at this point? Or do I just do the tensioner and worry about the chain 50k miles from now?

smanierre

Autocross Champion
So I have very little stretch on my chain right now. Vagcom is reading at less than like 0.5 the last time I looked. Do I do the full timing chain at this point? Or do I just do the tensioner and worry about the chain 50k miles from now?
If you're at 50k miles it just depends on if you have the cash to pay for the lower timing cover twice in my opinion. I personally would do the whole thing since they came out with a new revision of chain that may last a bit longer.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
If you're at 50k miles it just depends on if you have the cash to pay for the lower timing cover twice in my opinion. I personally would do the whole thing since they came out with a new revision of chain that may last a bit longer.
And if you're at 23k miles? LOL

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Also, to update the thread on my progress, I got the IE intercooler and Neuspeed charge pipe all installed. I feel like the gap between my fender and headlights is really big now, but maybe not? ?‍♂️

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Also, to update the thread on my progress, I got the IE intercooler and Neuspeed charge pipe all installed. I feel like the gap between my fender and headlights is really big now, but maybe not? ?‍♂️

Are you talking about where the fender meets the headlight? Those clips can get fudged up and make it not fit that great. Mine on the driver side sticks out a bit.

And if you're at 23k miles? LOL

How long will it take you to put 50k miles in it? With only 23k miles sounds like it would take years to get there.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Are you talking about where the fender meets the headlight? Those clips can get fudged up and make it not fit that great. Mine on the driver side sticks out a bit.
Yea, that's where's I'm talking about. I definitely broke the little pieces that push into the fender, but it seems like those probably get broken a lot.

How long will it take you to put 50k miles in it? With only 23k miles sounds like it would take years to get there.
I've only had the car for a year and a half, but yea, I'm only putting about 5k miles on it a year.

GolNat

Autocross Champion
Yea, that's where's I'm talking about. I definitely broke the little pieces that push into the fender, but it seems like those probably get broken a lot.

I've only had the car for a year and a half, but yea, I'm only putting about 5k miles on it a year.

Yeah I think they do get broken a lot and once you take the bumper off a few times it seems like they don't hold that well anymore. I think this is the correct part but from what I remember it looking like I'm not sure. It goes under the headlight?

https://www.ecstuning.com/b-genuine...MIsfavhda-6AIVFJJbCh0VJwczEAQYASABEgI0YPD_BwE
I thought they looked more like this but this is for a Jetta

https://www.ebay.com/p/2074086754?i...MIsfavhda-6AIVFJJbCh0VJwczEAQYDCABEgJi4_D_BwE

With that low of miles I might just do the tensioner and do the chain later. Especially if you are DIYing.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Does anyone sell just the upper part of the air intake? The tubing post maf to turbo? Cant seem to find it anywhere. I ask cuz i have a partial intake already but i want the full piping.

I drew a helpful graphic with a picture of my engine bay: