GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
Changed my oil with my Schwaben 6.5L extractor and nothing came out.......:oops:. Added 5 quarts of Liqui Moly 5w40.
.... Either way you go that's really bad.

First option being that the extractor was faulty and you now have close to 10 quarts of oil in there.

Second being that you actually ran the engine dry and have a larger problem.

I'd absolutely drain that from the plug and make sure you don't have 10 quarts of oil in the system.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Changed my oil with my Schwaben 6.5L extractor and nothing came out.......:oops:. Added 5 quarts of Liqui Moly 5w40.
It... doesnt sound like you 'changed' your oil at all to me...

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
did you check the oil level before extracting?

.... Either way you go that's really bad.

First option being that the extractor was faulty and you now have close to 10 quarts of oil in there.

Second being that you actually ran the engine dry and have a larger problem.

I'd absolutely drain that from the plug and make sure you don't have 10 quarts of oil in the system.
this

93serprise

Ready to race!
I have used the extractor the last 4 oil changes and change my oil every 5k miles. Barely a drop of oil came out of the filter when I removed it. I did check the oil level before extracting and again barely had anything. After filling up the car with 5 quarts, nothing leaked out from underneath either.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I would NOT drive that car until you figure out:

A) How you lost 5 qts of oil between changes

B) How your engine did not seize running dry like this

C) What damage you have done to the motor internally (because you most certainly did do SOME damage). No way did you not damage the rod bearings or score the cylinder walls.

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I have used the extractor the last 4 oil changes and change my oil every 5k miles. Barely a drop of oil came out of the filter when I removed it. I did check the oil level before extracting and again barely had anything. After filling up the car with 5 quarts, nothing leaked out from underneath either.
I've got two spare tsi motors from random partouts. Let me know next week if you are suddenly in need of one......

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
good luck, hope you figure out where the oil is going between intervals.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
I seized the original motor on my '76 rabbit by burning off all the oil one time. I was on the highway just cruising and all of a sudden the car just died, I figured the timing belt went but nope, the car was burning oil and I hadnt noticed. Sucked but I got a new motor and went on with life.

93serprise

Ready to race!
Maybe I got lucky and "changed" the oil or in my case added oil at just the right time. Had to drive it to work today though, and it felt super smooth and no noises. I never had any noises before now either.

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
Justin from USP reached out to me and they gave me a $25 gift card to make up for the out of pocket expense from sourcing my own couplers.

(y)

edit:

Last edited:

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Justin from USP reached out to me and they gave me a $25 gift card to make up for the out of pocket expense from sourcing my own couplers.

(y)

edit:

I know lots of folks complain about USP, but I haven't had terrible luck with them. The only thing that they did that pissed me off is APR fucked up the dogbone mount by mislabeling the versions, so I got the wrong mount for my car. Not USP's fault. But they made me pay for a second one in order to cross ship the correct one. I think that's bullshit when you're talking about a $250 part where they (i.e., USP or its vendor) fucked up and not the customer.

That being said, USP has the best deals and discounts in my experience.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
I have all the parts to complete my build today, so I think there's a good chance the car will be running tonight :D

ce4

Ready to race!
plasti-dipped my beluga exhaust tips black (to cover up the "stain-less" oxidation)...sorry for the dirty car

1586277154737.png
1586277180134.png