GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
They are very dark :sneaky:

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
plasti-dipped my beluga exhaust tips black (to cover up the "stain-less" oxidation)...sorry for the dirty car

View attachment 169472View attachment 169473
Looks nice, but not sure plastidip will last the test of time with the heat your exhaust will see. If it does peel you could do it with rustoleum high heat paint (I think sanding and priming might be a good idea too)

Reactions: ce4

Tony48

Go Kart Champion
Pulled out my center console & armrest to install Dieselgeek's First Gear Getter and new Super Pin. Full pics/videos/info in post #257 of my build thread.

https://flic.kr/p/2iKDqaP https://flic.kr/p/2iLefMB
Then I dropped the downpipe and underbody heat shield to remove the shift assembly completely from the car. Installed Dieselgeek's Cable Saver Replacement Cable End Bushings.

Last edited:

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
^^^^^
^^^^^^

SnailPower

Autocross Newbie
Put my summers back on. Makes me realize how much I miss the Lagunas each time I get them back on and just admire them :)

Anyone recommend a real nice solution to clean up the engine bay? Primarily all the grimy looking buildup that happens over time on the engine cover and surrounding area? It looks terrible and I think will need more than just cloth and water to get off.

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
Put my summers back on. Makes me realize how much I miss the Lagunas each time I get them back on and just admire them :)

Anyone recommend a real nice solution to clean up the engine bay? Primarily all the grimy looking buildup that happens over time on the engine cover and surrounding area? It looks terrible and I think will need more than just cloth and water to get off.
i use tub-o-towels wipes to quickly (not imperfectly) do it. otherwise you'll want to get a brush and soapy water to break up the grime.

GolNat

Autocross Champion

Simple Green and Scott's blue shop towels.

ce4

Ready to race!
Looks nice, but not sure plastidip will last the test of time with the heat your exhaust will see. If it does peel you could do it with rustoleum high heat paint (I think sanding and priming might be a good idea too)

Ya, we'll see what happens. worst thing is i have to peel em off. I dipped em Orange last summer for a charity event and they lasted alright. Little peeling/bubbling here and there but i only put on 3 fast coats. was in a bit of a hurry. this time i took my time and put like 5 coats on them.

ce4

Ready to race!

i like CG Nonsense or Purple Power diluted 1:5 with detail brush. here's a pick of the wife's tiguan with no water, CG Nonsense and CG VRP...
1586294692770.png

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
attemtped to install my unibrace xb today. got to the 3rd rivnut and things got weird. now i have a spinning rivnut and a bolt stuck in it. i can deal with the spinning nutsert, just gotta figure out how to get the bolt out first....

Last edited:

Phur

Autocross Champion
I washed mine yesterday and got the new panels sealed. It has been lowered and added wheel spacers as well in the two with my euro tails, but here is an evolution of the back of my car...
EC83871C-8EF1-4AAE-A6D2-D512074A38CA.jpeg
7D639705-A62E-4B70-B5B4-DCE7FCF8DD56.jpeg
6089537A-4464-40F0-ADE6-F6BC5D0FF9AF.jpeg

I dig the gloss black. Now I need exhaust. 🙄

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
I washed mine yesterday and got the new panels sealed. It has been lowered and added wheel spacers as well in the two with my euro tails, but here is an evolution of the back of my car...View attachment 169598View attachment 169599View attachment 169601
I dig the gloss black. Now I need exhaust. 🙄
I gotta strip the "GTI" off the back of mine, cleans up the rear so nicely. Love the looks of the gloss black valance, also have it on my list of upcoming projects plus side skirts too. Just waiting for some decent weather

jay745

What Would Glenn Danzig Do
I gotta strip the "GTI" off the back of mine, cleans up the rear so nicely. Love the looks of the gloss black valance, also have it on my list of upcoming projects plus side skirts too. Just waiting for some decent weather
I think I deserve badged mine around 300 miles in. Looks so much better

GolNat

Autocross Champion
BFI mount came in. Ordered from USP Motorsports. Putting them in this weekend hopefully. The trans mount I bought used a while ago and I was holding out for a motor mount but none have come up used so I just ordered a new one. They are beautifully made.

DFB5A6EE-BC62-4F57-B0E5-E607D778E7AB.jpeg

uglybastard

Autocross Champion
BFI mount came in. Ordered from USP Motorsports. Putting them in this weekend hopefully. The trans mount I bought used a while ago and I was holding out for a motor mount but none have come up used so I just ordered a new one. They are beautifully made.

View attachment 169646
i love mine. a little bit of break in and the NVH is not bad at all.