GOLFMK8
GOLFMK7
GOLFMK6
GOLFMKV

What did you do to your MK6 today?

Saabingti

Autocross Champion
USPmotorsports sent me the pipe without any of the couplers or clamps pictured on their site.

I dont understand why people cant do their fucking jobs, how hard is it to pack a fucking box? Oh but I got gummy bears and stickers wow thanks so much. Last order I ever put in with USPmotorsports. Another shitty vendor to put on my avoid list.

Ah, fack. I need to check my box, then. I bought this to go with the APR Stg 1 I bought in personal classifieds here... put the straight-to-stage-2 off until next weekend because that'll be a long holiday

EDIT: no problems with my shipment. I got both couplers/flanges, my SAI filter, and the aforementioned gummy bears and stickers. Also got a "remove before launch" ESP keyring thingy.

Last edited:

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
For those who have done timing themselves, can you confirm for me that the old timing chains (early mk6 models) didn't have marks on the chains? I think I remember reading or watching that the old chains didn't have marks but the new chains use copper links.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
For those who have done timing themselves, can you confirm for me that the old timing chains (early mk6 models) didn't have marks on the chains? I think I remember reading or watching that the old chains didn't have marks but the new chains use copper links. Used large image to zoom in
im

These are chains from my 2011 mk6. As far as i'm aware these are the oem chains from when the car shipped, despite the car having the head redone due to timing chain tensioner failing. I looked over them and there didn't appear to be any markings on them but the ones I replaced them with definitely had markings.

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
im

These are chains from my 2011 mk6. As far as i'm aware these are the oem chains from when the car shipped, despite the car having the head redone due to timing chain tensioner failing. I looked over them and there didn't appear to be any markings on them but the ones I replaced them with definitely had markings.
Thank you sir. You are a scholar and gentleman. Truly a resource for the forum!

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
EDIT: no problems with my shipment. I got both couplers/flanges, my SAI filter, and the aforementioned gummy bears and stickers. Also got a "remove before launch" ESP keyring thingy.
What is crazy is I got the Spulen sticker and I know that is the couplers they include now so im like wtf

Phur

Autocross Champion
I got the K04 mounted in yesterday. I'm waiting to receive an M14 crush washer to attach the coolant return to the turbo. Thankfully the IE package included the thick crush washer, which is apparently impossible to source. I'm also going to wait to get the new timing chain tensioner (which should arrive tomorrow) before putting everything back together.

One question i have is how do companies state that you can put a turbo blanket on wit the turbo still on the car. What a fucking nightmare that would be. Having the turbo blanket on while installing the k04 was big enough bitch, but the idea of trying to get that on the turbo without removing is mind boggling to me.
Your turbo wants to cuddle?

Phur

Autocross Champion
It's difficult, I did it once with the turbo still on the car. Not something I want to do again, so much that Ive had a turbo blanket for my own car for almost 2 years that still isn't installed.

You shouldn’t deny your turbo a cuddle, Jay. That’s just mean. 😁
Also, take care of your fingers better. It got looking pretty gnarly last time.

torga

Autocross Champion
The geniuses at auto zone gave me a caliper tool that was missing pieces so I could only push back the caliper with my huge muscles instead of using science or some shit.
in4pics

smanierre

Autocross Champion

Joe_Mama

Autocross Champion
USP wants pictures of full unboxing of the intake along with all the items. As if i am trying to scam them out of silicone couplers, what a joke. Seriously avoid USP.

smanierre

Autocross Champion
USP wants pictures of full unboxing of the intake along with all the items. As if i am trying to scam them out of silicone couplers, what a joke. Seriously avoid USP.
Send them a link to dick in a box

CowTownRacer

Drag Racing Champion
Also, for those interested, I got three 5L bottles of Liqui Moly 5w40 from Napa for under $100. Not sure if this is a great deal, but I needed it to complete the timing job. I've been running Motul until now, but Liqui Moly was all I could find local.

sterkrazzy

Autocross Champion
Also, for those interested, I got three 5L bottles of Liqui Moly 5w40 from Napa for under $100. Not sure if this is a great deal, but I needed it to complete the timing job. I've been running Motul until now, but Liqui Moly was all I could find local.

I think it's usually like $40-45 for a 5L bottle, so that's not too bad.

Gr8N0rthW0lf

Go Kart Champion
My maintenance supplies arrived in the mail today. Ordered from a site called germanoem.ca for any of my fellow Canadians. Great prices and packed with German-like efficiency
image.jpg

93serprise

Ready to race!
Changed my oil with my Schwaben 6.5L extractor and nothing came out.......:oops:. Added 5 quarts of Liqui Moly 5w40.